Cinnamon Baked French Toast. There’s nothing about any of those four words that isn’t good! Combine them all together and it’s like an explosion of mouthwatering happiness for all ages. 😀
I really like making this for overnight guests because it doesn’t take much time to prep and it can be made the night before then just popped in the oven in the morning. It’s great for lazy weekends, Christmas or any holiday morning breakfast. My kids love it although I do usually make half with nuts and half without since my kids can sometimes be picky about the nuts.
A good friend made this for us during a visit to her house years ago. It’s a variation of Pillsbury’s Cinnamon Baked French Toast recipe using canned Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.
Compared to Pillsbury’s recipe, I added extra cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour; and reduced the eggs and cream so it didn’t get soggy or overly fluffy. The flour helps the egg stick to the cinnamon rolls. Per my friend’s recommendation, I also left off the maple syrup because it’s plenty sweet enough without it. In my opinion. If you want to go all out and add it back, by all means, do it. If you just want a little hint of maple, you could even add a splash into the egg batter. The recipe below includes my tweaks after making and adjusting the ingredients many times over to get everything just right.
I’ve been working on this recipe for a long time so it’s slowly gotten better and better over time. It’s been pinned more than 168,000 times and has been “tried” on Pinterest with rave reviews so I’m pretty confident you’ll love it, but I’m always open to improving so please let me know what you think and if you changed anything to make it even better. All feedback welcome! You can review the recipe below and/or leave a comment.
Don’t leave without checking out these things!
- Get my free printable meal planner! Put your email in the box at the top and I’ll send you a link to download. ????
- While you’re here, browse around! I have a bunch more recipes I think you’ll love. Start with my newest recipes here.
- You can find out more about me here.
- Also, I’m pretty social (on the internet because I’m a mom, ha!) so find me on on Instagram for a glimpse into our daily life.
- Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy and easy recipes, mom tips & fashions and home inspo ????!
- Join my online cooking club if you need motivation to break out of your cooking ruts.
So glad we were able to connect! Hope to see you around soon!