There are a lot of things I love about this spinach pesto dish so I’m going to go ahead and just list them out:
- You get a healthy dose of fresh spinach. Vitamins ✅
- This is such a fragrant dish. Between the seafood smells of cooking shrimp, fresh basil, roasting pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, even if you’re not hungry, this gets your taste buds watering.
- Pesto is so flavorful. You could spread it on a slice of crusty bread and eat it just like that.
- Pesto pasta is so versatile! You could add chicken, lobster, crab, or any other seafood in with the shrimp for added flavor and texture.
- This dish is super easy to prep.
- It can be easily doubled to feed a large group. Perfect for extended family dinner nights.
- Extra pesto sauce can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months. (I say longer than that but that’s being conservative)
- You can make it even healthier by using zucchini noodles or use spaghetti squash!
I could go on but you get the point. This is a great recipe to have in your regular line-up whether for weeknight dinner or for feeding a group.
Here are a few things that will making prepping this recipe a bit easier: