Yes, we are cooking things and putting them in a salad here! Not just any things... sweet onions and also apples!
A salad with warm apples and onions?
Yep! That's what I'm saying here. Hold on to your hats because this is going to blow up your world. Let's just talk about the ingredients first off.
This caramelized apple and vadalia onion salad is so simple yet so good and cozy too. Who knew a salad could be cozy?
What else is in this strange dish you call a salad?
Caramelized apples and vadalia onions are served over romaine topped with crumbled feta and chopped walnuts then drizzled with a tart honey mustard vinaigrette. Sounds good right? it is!
This is such a simple salad so it's easy to make but so flavorful. I tried a similar salad at a wedding we recently attended. Of course after the first bite I thought... I'm totally making and blogging this.
So here ya go! Enjoy. =)
Want more salad ideas?
Caramelized Apple & Vadalia Onion Salad
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large granny smith apples cored and cubed
- ½ vadailia onion
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
Honey Viniagrette Dressing
- ½ cup grape seed oil
- ½ cup apple cidar vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sauté cubed apples in butter over medium heat. Add vadalia onions. Stir frequently and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened and golden brown. Set aside to cool
- Mix together dressing ingredients. Shake before serving.
- Serve bowls of romaine topped with apples and onion, crumbled feta and walnuts then drizzle dressing on top.
Leave a Reply