This Chicken Parmesan Lasagna is a quick and easy weeknight meal that's filling and delicious! A twist on traditional lasagna, made with crispy chicken, marinara and Parmesan cheese. Freezer-friendly too.
Chicken Parmesan + Lasagna is a match made in heaven.
Can you believe you only need 5 ingredients to make this love connection happen? I'm telling you, it seems too good to be true but it's totally possible. Here's how...
What's in this Chicken Parmesan Lasagna?
Just like you'd expect, this lasagna is made up of layers, starting with marinara sauce. Now, you can use any marinara sauce, but my absolute favorite is Rao's sauce. It's pricey but so so worth it. If you cannot bear to drop that kind of cash on a sauce though, I totally understand. Go with what works for your budget. However, if it's amazing flavor you're after, keep in mind, Rao's is the key to happiness there.
Next up after the sauce is — you guessed it — lasagna noodles. You can pre-boil your noodles or take the lazy route and use the oven-ready lasagna noodles like I do. If you're using the oven ready noodles, then you just lay them right on top of the sauce layer, uncooked. They'll cook in the sauce as this lasagna bakes.
After the lasagna noodles, you'll layer in slices of cooked crispy chicken. I really like the frozen Air Fryer chicken you can buy pre-cooked for this recipe. You get that bready crunch when you use crispy chicken. The crispy texture is signature to the class Chicken Parmesan dish you know and love. You'll want to go with boneless chicken, or be sure to remove the bones if using traditional fried chicken.
Of course we also need the Parmesan cheese. And that's just what gets layered next. Parmesan cheese — you can use grated or shredded — and shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle those on top of the chicken pieces. The cheese helps sort of seal in some crispness.
Then you just start all over with the the sauce, lasagna noodles, chicken and cheese layers until you have two layers of chicken and three layers of noodles topped off with some sauce and cheese.
Everything cooks in one dish!
Easy prep, storage and clean up. Everything gets layered into one 8x8 baking dish and bakes in the oven. Cover with foil to store leftovers. It doesn't get much easier than that!
Watch how easy is it to prep this lasagna.
Check out this video that shows step-by-step how to layer and bake this yummy dish.
Share with friends.
A twist on classic lasagna but nothing too crazy here! This lasagna makes a great meal to share. It's freezer friendly and appeals to most taste buds.
This unique chicken Parmesan lasagna recipe is perfect for sharing a meal with new moms, someone recovering from surgery, grieving a loss, or to welcome a neighbor to the neighborhood.
This dish is freezer friendly however if you're cooking from a solid freeze, you'll just want to add about 12-15 minutes to the bake time, covered. Or bake until the center is hot.
Love a yummy yet easy dinner?
Then you'll probably love some of my other recipes!
Browse all my casserole recipes
This easy 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna was featured on South Your Mouth!
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna (5 Ingredients)
- 24 oz Marinara sauce
- 6 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 4 pieces crispy boneless cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 heaping tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Spread about ¼ cup marinara sauce inside of an 8x8 baking pan, evenly covering the bottom of the dish.
- Add 2 lasagna noodles on top of sauce.
- Microwave crispy chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes to defrost if using frozen chicken. Thinly slice chicken into bite-sized chunks then layer on top of noodles.
- Take about ⅓ of the mozzarella cheese and 1 heaping tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle evenly over chicken pieces.
- Repeat layering process again until you have completed two layers of chicken, then top off with a third layer of just noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375˚for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot!
Do you have a recipe for the air fryer chicken?
Angela G. says
Hi Ian, I use store bought Air Fryer chicken so I do not have a recipe for this.