You’re going to love this rotisserie chicken salad made with cranberries and walnuts!
This chicken salad recipe is sometimes known as “Waldorf Chicken Salad” named after the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City according to Wikipedia. Now you know!
It’s so easy to make and stores well for lunches or an easy healthy dinner. It takes a total of 10 minutes max to make.
Just 6 Ingredients!
All you need to whip up this tasty chicken salad is SIX ingredients.
Rotisserie chicken, dried cranberries (craisins), walnuts, celery and Greek yogurt or mayo. Season with salt and pepper too if you’d like.
This chicken salad is great for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Honestly, this chicken salad is so good, I usually eat it by the spoonful. However, you can eat it many different ways.
Here are some ideas:
- Try it as a lettuce wrap. Just take a large leaf of lettuce, put a spoonful or two of chicken salad in the middle, fold in the side and tuck in the top and bottom. It’s a little wrap that’s low in carbs but big on crunch.
- Top your greens with this chicken salad. A scoop of this cranberry walnut chicken salad on top of your typical leafy green salad for a punch of protein and flavor.
- Wrap it up with any flavor tortilla wrap.
- Serve this chicken salad as a complete low-carb meal! Start with the chicken salad and serve with a side of steamed or raw broccoli and low-carb bread toasted with a slice of cheese.
- Try it served on a croissant. You can choose a large croissant and make it a meal. Or smaller croissants for more of an appetizer.
The chicken salad sandwiches on croissants makes a great little brunch menu item that’s perfect for baby and bridal showers.
Want to lighten up this chicken salad?
Try Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Or half mayo, half Greek yogurt.
I got this simple recipe from my hubby’s cousin after having it at her house. I normally don’t like chicken salad but this was so light and refreshing compared to other chicken salads I’ve had, that I ended up asking her what was in it.
The secret is using Greek yogurt instead of mayo. The Greek yogurt actually gives the chicken salad added flavor and makes it healthier too. Win-win! The cranberries and walnuts combined also give this chicken salad a nontraditional flavor and added nutrients.
If you want a bit of that nostalgic creamy mayo flavor though, try going half Greek yogurt, half mayo. Or full mayo. Up to you!
I just love this chicken salad and think you will too!
Try my Curried Chicken Salad!
If you love chicken salad, you have to try Mango Curried Chicken Salad — a twist on more traditional chicken salad recipes made with dried mango, cashews and honey mustard.
More Lunch Ideas
Looking for new ideas for lunch? Browse all my lunch recipes
This cranberry walnut chicken salad was featured on Hearth and Soul!
Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Cranberries
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup mayonaisse or plain Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 12 oz craisins
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pick and shred rotisserie chicken.
- Stir in Greek yogurt, dijon mustard, craisins, celery, walnuts and salt & pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to up to 5 days.