Here another excellent eggless recipe from my friend and awesome mom, Heather. Her son is allergic to eggs so she’s been cooking up all sorts of recipes without eggs so he doesn’t have to feel left out. Told you she was awesome!
Eggless Banana Bread
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large very ripe bananas or 3 small
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In large bowl mix shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Mash bananas and mix in vanilla extract. Add nuts.
- Spoon into greased baking dish; bake at 325˚ for 1hr. Serve cooled topped with butter.