This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission.Jump down to Recipe
Here another excellent eggless recipe from my friend and awesome mom, Heather. Her son is allergic to eggs so she's been cooking up all sorts of recipes without eggs so he doesn't have to feel left out. Told you she was awesome!
Eggless Banana Bread
You won't miss the eggs in this recipe and then everyone can enjoy banana bread.Read Comments Print Pin Rate
Servings: 12 Servings
Yield: 1 loaf
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large very ripe bananas or 3 small
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In large bowl mix shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Mash bananas and mix in vanilla extract. Add nuts.
- Spoon into greased baking dish; bake at 325˚ for 1hr. Serve cooled topped with butter.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 287mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
Follow Mighty Mrs. for more easy recipes!Find @MightyMrs on Pinterest
Leave a Reply