So, this is basically just a normal grilled cheese sandwich but on an inside-out hamburger bun with fresh mozzarella and roasted red peppers. This is a fun and easy dinner or lunch recipe for kids — and adults can’t help but love it too! Also a great way to get rid of old hamburger buns…
Inside-Out Grilled Cheese
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 hamburger bun best on an egg kaiser roll
- 2 pats butter
- 2-3 roasted red peppers optional
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves optional
- Quickly sauté the red peppers with a little butter to get some color. Soften basil leaves by briefly placing in pan flat.
- Cut the kaiser roll in half and butter the flat sides. Place the mozzarella, red peppers and basil leaves evenly between the two halves with the round sides facing in.
- Grill each side on medium heat until golden brown.