This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission.Jump down to Recipe
I asked Kathi Lipp (author of The "What's for Dinner?" Solution and The Christmas Project) for one of her family's favorite holiday recipes and she sent me this great idea for turning Christmas leftovers into a delicious post-Christmas chili. Throw it in bread bowl and it's a no-fuss dinner you can serve your holiday house guests (who may or may not have decided to overstay their welcome).
This recipe can be doubled or tripled, depending on how many people will be stopping by (or lingering).
Kathi says "It's truly this easy."
Kathi Lipp's Chili
This family favorite chili can be dressed up with a bread bowl for the holidays.Read Comments Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 Servings
Yield: 1 pot
- ¾ lb. leftover chicken or turkey shredded
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 16 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 16 oz. kidney beans
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. basil
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions and garlic until the onions are translucent. Drain.
- Place in your Crock-Pot, along with the leftover chicken or turkey, un-drained tomatoes, drained kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for at least four hours.
- Serve in a warm, toasted bread bowl topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1308mg | Potassium: 1851mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 2482IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 9mg
Follow Mighty Mrs. for more easy recipes!Find @MightyMrs on Pinterest
Leave a Reply