Hummus isn't just for dipping. Use it to make a delicious vegetarian wrap.
I must confess. We love hummus up in this house. Every time I grocery shop, which is generally twice a month, I buy two big tubs of hummus, sometimes three. The stuff’s delicious y’all. And apparently we can get enough of it. So breaking out of our normal carrot, cucumber and pita chip dipping habits, this little bundle of joy emerged. The Hummus Avocado Wrap. It makes a great meal vs. a snack and it’s so guilt-free that I always feel pumped after I eat one like I am dietarily headed in the right direction. Of course, then I bake cookies later because I figured I’ve earned the right to do so… but that’s another story. Hey, everything in moderation. Let’s start off on the healthy foot though, shall we?
Hummus Avocado Wrap
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small red onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Greek dressing to taste
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften.
- Spread hummus on each tortilla.
- Arrange romaine lettuce on top of each tortilla, then avocado slices, bell pepper, onions and feta cheese. Drizzle lemon juice evenly over each tortilla. Add Greek dressing if desired.
- Roll tortillas up tightly and serve.