This Melon Prosciutto Pasta Salad is not your typical pasta salad!
A Fancy Pasta Salad
This tortellini pasta salad is dotted with some sophisticated ingredients, elevating this pasta salad beyond the ordinary pasta salad side dish you’ve come to expect.
Prosciutto adds a meaty saltiness perfectly balanced out by sweet honey dew melon balls.
Next we incorporate spinach for some green, earthiness and layer in sun-dried tomatoes for added flavor and acidity. Finally, rich balsamic vinegar and olive oil dress this up in a minimal yet powerfully flavorful way!
A Colorful Pasta Salad
The best part is this pasta salad looks as good as it tastes! The colors of all the ingredients and beautiful together and the shap of the tortilini and its ruffled egeds meshed with the perfectly round and smooth melon balls is just a feast for the eyes!
This is agreat pasta salad to serve for a special occasion. A wedding shower, baby shower, or birthday. Or if you just want to impress at a potluck, this is your dish!
It’s quite easy to make but has some unexpected ingredients.
Just 8 Ingredietns
The pasta salad comes together with just 8 key ingredients plus sea salt and pepper to taste. So just because it’s fancy, doesn’t mean it’s not super easy to make.
Take this melon prosciutto pasta salad to work for lunch.
This pasta salad stores well in the fridge for 2-3 days and makes a great lunch to pack and bring to lunch. Or, if you’re working from home,an easy lunch to pull out and eat. No heating up necessary!
Make this pasta salad picky eater and kid-friendly.
If you have picky kids like I do, then you can try keeping the ingredients separated. My kids will eat plain tortellini, plain spinach and plain honey dew melon. So the key to making this (and most other complex dishes) kid-friendly is to set aside their plates with the ingredients separated.
Want more side dish ideas?
- 1 16oz bag cheese tortellini
- 1 cup honey dew melon balls
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 6 oz prosciutto sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook tortellini pasta according to package then drain. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Using a melon baller, form small balls of honey dew melon and add to cooled pasta.
- Add fresh spinach leaves, basil, prosciutto and sun-dried tomatoes to bowl.
- Add balsamic vinegar and olive oil then gently toss ingredients together.
- Chill then serve.