Heavy whipping cream is the key to the deliciousness of this recipe. We discovered this on accident one day when we ran out of milk. As Bob Ross would say, it was a “happy accident!”
- 8 large potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 leeks rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp chicken bullion
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix together heavy cream and chicken bullion. Add flour, leeks, salt & pepper.
- Pour mixture evenly over potatoes. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake on 350˚F for 2 hours or until tender.
- Remove cover for last 10-15 mins to brown top.