This spinach pesto pasta with shrimp and chicken is so so so good! Also, easy. Hooray! You’re going to love it.
What’s to love about this spinach pesto pasta?
There are a lot of things I love about this spinach pesto dish so I’m going to go ahead and just list them out:
- You get a healthy dose of fresh spinach. Vitamins ✅
- This is such a fragrant dish. Between the seafood smells of cooking shrimp, fresh basil, roasting pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, even if you’re not hungry, this gets your taste buds watering.
- Pesto is so flavorful. You could spread it on a slice of crusty bread and eat it just like that.
- Pesto pasta is so versatile! You could add chicken, lobster, crab, or any other seafood in with the shrimp for added flavor and texture.
- This dish is super easy to prep.
- It can be easily doubled to feed a large group. Perfect for extended family dinner nights.
- Extra pesto sauce can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months. (I say longer than that but that’s being conservative)
- You can make it even healthier by using zucchini noodles or use spaghetti squash!
I could go on but you get the point. This is a great recipe to have in your regular line-up whether for weeknight dinner or for feeding a group.
Helpful tool for making this recipe
Here are a few things that will making prepping this spinach pesto pasta with shrimp and chicken a bit easier:
- Food Processor
- Large Nonstick Stock Pot
- Pasta Tongs
- Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Toaster Oven
- Spirilizer (to make zucchini noodles)