Well it’s still snowing here in northern Pennsylvania today, but I think a pretty pink pitcher of strawberry sangria is still in order.
When you want something but it’s not coming to you, you go get it. Right? Or you dream about it by pinning pictures of things that make you feel summery. Either way. ????♀️
So this sangria is special because it’s part of a collection of delicious recipes I had the opportunity to photograph for my friend and girl boss Pam, who is CEO and head mixologist of Hidden Spirits Cocktails. She has recently expanded her line of ready-to-serve cocktails to include a strawberry blend made with real strawberries and a secret mix of spirits that won’t overpower the enjoyment of your drink, hence the name.
Although the Hidden Spirits Strawberry cocktail is really excellent just on the rocks, it’s fun and easy to mix in some additional flavors which is what we’re doing here with this sangria. This might sound silly, but I just love the look and feel of a beautiful glass pitcher of sangria! Can you imagine yourself sitting on you porch with your BFF, sipping this sangria on a warm spring or summer day? Need a sangria set for yourself or as a gift? Check out this one on Amazon. I love the little basket it comes with. So cute!
Depending on what size pitcher you use and how many people you are serving, you may want to adjust the recipe. Just keep in mind, the ratio is 3 parts Strawberry Hidden Spirits to 1 part Pinot Grigio, and basically ginger beer to taste. I’m going to write up the recipe using the whole bottle of Hidden Spirits, but if you want to make less at a time, just use those ratios to figure out how much of each ingredient to use. Feel free to eyeball it, it doen’t need to be an exact science. (In my opinion anyway!) The sangria should store well in the fridge for at least a week if you want to save the leftovers.
OK, Spring. Where are you?? Please come soon. We’re ready with sangria! 😉
Strawberry Ginger Pinot SangriaRead Comments Print Pin Rate
- 1 bottle of Strawberry Hidden Spirits Cocktail 750ml
- ¼ bottle of Pinot Grigio white wine about 6oz
- 5 fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 spring of fresh mint
- Heavy pour of ginger beer
- Fill a 1-liter pitcher with Strawberry Hidden Spirits, Pinto Grigio and fresh cut strawberries. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour but ideally overnight.
- To server, pour sangria into cups filled with ice about 3/4 of the way up. Add a heavy splash of ginger beer to each glass and garnish with mint. You can also add mint to your pitcher before serving to give it a fresh taste and look!