Rice Crispy Treats are leveling up here, partnering up with the power of the almighty S'mores and channeling the healthy goodness of oatmeal.
Rice Crispy Treats are leveling up here, partnering up with the power of the the almighty S’mores and channeling the healthy goodness of oatmeal to create this scrumptious new snack idea: S’mores Rice Crispy Oatmeal Treats!
It’s a combination that’s just meant to be. And more good news. It’s super easy to pull off.
These treats are no-bake!
Just a little microwave action is all you need to melt things into shape. Since you don’t need an oven, this recipe makes for an ideal summer treat.
Easy enough for kids to make themselves.
The ingredients list is short and the method is simple enough that kids can totally pull this off! Think after school treat, or something to do on those summer days that doubles as an afternoon snack. Kids are busy. Kids have been feed. Parent are happy. Everyone wins.
You can use graham crackers or cinnamon toast crunch.
I prefer the authentic taste of graham crackers however, you can also use cinnamon toast crunch cereal in place of graham crackers if you don’t have those on hand. This will make things a bit sweeter and will add a touch of cinnamon — not a bad thing at all!
What do these rice crispy oatmeal s’mores treats taste like?
Well, start with the Rice Krispie treats you know and love and then imagine a s’mores flavor with a hint of oatmeal. That’s pretty much exactly what you’re getting here. These homemade treats taste almost identical to the Quaker Oats chewy s’mores flavor granola bars.
Try stirring in some peanut butter!
Want to mix up the flavor? Try using peanut butter instead of the butter. Just add the peanut butter after you microwave the marshmallows.
Want more easy snack ideas?
S'mores Rice Crispy Oatmeal Treats
- 15 large jet-puffed marshmallows
- 2 pinches fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp butter plus more for greasing pan
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 4 squares graham cracker crushed into crumbs
- ⅓ cup mini milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup mini freeze-dried marshmallows
- In a large glass bowl, microwave jet puffed marshmallows, butter and salt for 1 minute on high.
- Mix until marshmallows and butter are combined.
- Stir in rice Krispies, oatmeal and graham cracker crumbs.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes then fold in mini chocolate chips and freeze-dried marshmallows. (If you don't let cool first these will completely melt)
- Move mixture into a 8x8 pan greased with butter. Press flat to form a square. Cut into 6 slices and let cool to harden into shape or enjoy right away, slightly gooey!