Sometimes crockpot meals can be all one texture. Beat the boredom with my secret crispy ingredient! You'll love the lightly creamy sauce and chicken seasoned with Italian herbs. Serve over noodles. Veggies included for a full meal in one pot!
This is not your standard mushy crockpot meal. This creamy Italian chicken is packed with flavor and topped with crunch!
Served over pasta or rice for a complete meal.
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
The chicken and sauce is slow cooked in your Crockpot. Then served over cooked pasta. For a finishing touch, we're adding crispy panko crumbs!
This is a family dinner that's easy to make, you can set to cook while you work and even stores well so you can bring leftovers to lunch.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This dish comes together with a very simplified list of ingredients.
Here's everything you'll need:
- Chicken. You can use chicken breast or cutlet. If using breasts, you will want to pound them flat for better texture and to improve cook time.
- Italian dressing. This acts as a marinade and a sauce.
- Cream cheese. This thickens and adds a rich creaminess to the sauce.
- Mixed Vegetables. You can use frozen or fresh veggies. I use a blend of corn, carrots, green beans and peas. Or just peas and carrots.
- Oil. Any cooking oil will do. Try olive oil, or keep it simple with vegetable oil.
- Fried Onions. These add a yummy crunch, elevating this crockpot chicken dinner. This is optional, but not too hard to pull off and really adds a nice texture to this dish!
- Cooked pasta or rice. Choose your favorite noodle shape. I think bow tie pasta is fun for this dish or egg noodles but truly, any pasta or rice works. Try mixing it up if you make this dish often.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Want more tasty yet super easy dinner ideas?
Browse all my dinner recipes and be sure to Pin your favorites!
Big fan of chicken?
Check out all my other yummy and easy chicken recipes.
Crispy Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken
- 8 chicken cutlets (or 4 chicken breast)
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz Italian dressing
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 10 oz mixed vegetables
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- ½ cup fried onions more or less to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker, generously greased with olive oil. Set to low. Pour Italian dressing on top of chicken, then layer on cream cheese, and mixed vegetables.Cook for 2 hours or until temperature of chicken reaches 165˚.*
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- When chicken is done. Gently stir to combine dressing and cream cheese to form a sauce for the chicken.
- Layer pasta, chicken and sauce on a plate. Top with fried onions. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
For more crisp veggies, add mixed vegetables half way through cook time.