Here you have it… a really simple apple strudel recipe using Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Super easy and addictingly delish.
I first tried a variation of this easy apple strudel recipe at a MOPs get together. My friend Stacy had made it for dessert and it was amazing! She kindly offered up the recipe and as I was reading it over, I realized how similar it was to my Cinnamon Baked French Toast recipe that’s been a big hit. So, I decided to combine the two recipes, plus a third I found online using citrus soda and… voilà! Here you have it… a really simple apple strudel recipe using Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Super easy and addictingly delish.
Easy Apple Strudel Dessert
- 3 large granny smith apples
- 2 cans Pillsbury flaky cinnamon rolls 13 oz each
- 1 cup butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup citrus soda you may substitute with 1 cup water + 1/2 cup sugar
- icing from cinnamon rolls
- powdered sugar if desired
- Peel and core apples. Slice into quarters.
- Open canned cinnamon rolls, slice into eighths. Place cinnamon roll and apple pieces into 9x12 baking dish and spread out evenly. (For softer cooked apples, layer apple slices first then top with cinnamon roll pieces.)
- Melt butter then stir in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour mixture evenly over cinnamon roll and apple pieces, then pour citrus soda evenly over top.
- Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes.
- Remove apple strudel from oven. Warm icing from cinnamon rolls in microwave for 30 seconds; pour over strudel. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.