This shrimp and chicken pesto pasta so so good! Also, it’s really easy to make. Hooray! You’re going to love it.
What make this shrimp and chicken pesto pasta so special?
Well, there are a lot of things I love about this spinach pesto dish so I’m going to go ahead and just list them out:
- You get a healthy dose of fresh spinach because I use spinach and basil in my homemade pesto sauce. Vitamins ✅
- This is such a fragrant dish. Between the seafood smells of cooking shrimp, fresh basil, roasting pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, even if you’re not hungry, this gets your taste buds watering.
- Pesto is so flavorful. You could spread it on a slice of crusty bread and eat it just like that. You might want to make extra!
- Pesto pasta is so versatile! I love the shrimp and chicken combination but you could do one or the other, or leave them both out for a vegetarian dish or serve it as a side dish.
- This dish is super easy to prep. I use rotisserie chicken and frozen, de-veined raw shrimp to save time.
- The recipe can be doubled or tripled to feed a large group. Perfect for an extended family or friend dinner party.
- Extra pesto sauce can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- You can make this dinner even healthier by using zucchini noodles or use spaghetti squash!
I could go on but you get the point. This is a great recipe to have in your regular line-up whether for weeknight dinner or for feeding a crowd.
Helpful tools for making this shrimp and chicken pasta recipe.
A few things that will making prepping this spinach pesto pasta with shrimp and chicken a bit easier:
- Food Processor
- Large Nonstick Stock Pot
- Pasta Tongs
- Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Toaster Oven
- Spirilizer (to make zucchini noodles)
Want more easy dinner ideas?
This shrimp and chicken pesto pasta recipe was featured on South Your Mouth!