Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is a classic and delicious dish that brings together tender pieces of chicken, crisp broccoli florets, and a tangy, thickened stir-fry sauce.
This Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is a classic and delicious dish that brings together tender pieces of chicken, crisp broccoli florets, and a flavorful stir fry sauce.
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles is a delicious and nutritious Asian-inspired dish that combines tender pieces of chicken with crisp broccoli florets, all stir-fried to perfection in a savory and flavorful sauce.
This easy-to-make dinner dish also features thick chewy noodles, adding a satisfying texture to each bite. The stir fry sauce is a harmonious blend of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and other seasonings, creating a mouthwatering balance of savory and slightly sweet flavors.
This quick and easy-to-make stir fry not only provides a great flavor and freshness but also offers a well-rounded meal with a mix of protein, vegetables, and carbohydrates, making it a wholesome and satisfying option for a weeknight dinner.
Leftover also make a great lunch to-go.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This recipe, while from scratch, is quite simple. You'll use a line-up of ingredients that many of which, you will likely already have on hand.
Here's everything you'll need to make this recipe:
- Chicken breasts. If you prefer, you can use chicken thighs or a mix of both, cut into pieces.
- Broccoli. Fresh broccoli is best but frozen works too if that's more convenient.
- Stir fry noodles. Cook these in advance or while you're cooking the chicken, broccoli and sauce.
- Vegetable oil. Or you can use any high-heat oil you prefer.
For the sauce:
- Chicken broth. This is key to enhancing the flavor of your chicken.
- Soy sauce. This adds that salty unami you know and love.
- Sugar. Just standard table sugar or you can also use light or dark brown sugar instead if you prefer. You can also use agave nectar or even honey if you'd like.
- Rice vinegar. This is a special ingredient but is important in creating that authentic flavor.
- Ginger and garlic. I prefer to use pastes. The texture and fresh flavor both work great in this recipe and saves a lot of time.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cornstarch. This thickens the sauce to it coats and sticks to the noodles, chicken and veggies nicely.
- Sesame seeds. Toasted sesame seed are my favorite choice.
- Green onions. Optional. However, this creates a nice garnish and adds a layer of freshness and bite when served.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This dish comes together in just a few simple steps.
Here's a look at each of the steps:
- Cut, dry and season chicken.
- Pan fry chicken then set aside.
- Fry broccoli.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and heat to thicken.
- Add chicken and simmer.
- Serve over cooked, warm noodles with garnishes.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
What does stir fry sauce taste like?
The sauce strikes a perfect balance between sweet and savory flavors. The sweetness is derived from sugar, while the savory notes come from soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
Additionally, rice vinegar introduces a tangy element. Overall, the stir-fry sauce boasts a delightful umami flavor that compliments a wide range of proteins and vegetables.
Can I add other vegetables to this stir fry recipe?
Adding additional vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, and beans can be a great way to customize the recipe to your liking.
Can I replace the chicken with shrimp using this recipe?
Swapping out chicken for shrimp is a tasty option for those who love to eat seafood.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat using the microwave just until warmed through. Stir as needed.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Love Asian cuisine?
Browse all my easy Asian-inspired recipes and be sure to Pin your favorites for later!
Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles
Chicken stir fry
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- 2 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 2 cups cooked stir-fry noodles (warm)
- Pat dry the chicken pieces then season them with salt, pepper, and cornstarch. Toss chicken until well coated, then set it aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil. Add chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until they are cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining tablespoon of oil. Add broccoli florets and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add grated ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stir-fry sauce. In a bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Pour the sauce over broccoli and bring to a rolling boil; the mixture will start to thicken. Transfer chicken back to the skillet and simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish the chicken and broccoli stir-fry with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve them over warm cooked noodles to enjoy.
- Adjust the cornstarch slurry quantity according to how thick or thin you want the stir fry sauce to be.
- It's also a good reminder to taste the dish and adjust the salt accordingly, as different soy sauce brands may vary in their sodium content.