A one-pan wonder: Creamy Caprese Chicken Noodle Casserole with Basil Balsamic Cream Sauce. So fancy yet so easy! Just layer and bake.
I'm so excited to share with you this one-pan wonder: Creamy Caprese Chicken Casserole. You'll love the basil balsamic cream sauce and how easy this is to make. It sounds so fancy and tastes so fancy yet is so so simple to prep!
Bakes in just 30 minutes so it's quick too!
How do you make this Creamy Caprese Chicken Casserole?
Easy. Layer each ingredient, including uncooked noodles, in an 8x8 baking dish and then bake for 30 minutes. Sounds pretty easy right? It totally is! Plus you only need 8 ingredients to pull this recipe off.
So, what are the ingredients in this Caprese Chicken Noodle Casserole?
• Egg noodles - Or you can use pasta
• Cooked chicken - I use Short Cuts chickens or rotisserie chicken or you can use leftover chicken
• Chicken broth (or water + chicken bullion)
• Balsamic Vinegar
• Heavy Cream
• Fresh Basil
• Fresh Roma tomatoes
• Shredded mozzarella cheese
What does this Caprese Chicken Bake taste like?
The flavor is very fresh, creamy and vibrant. Hearty because we've got plenty of chicken and noodles here. And just slightly tangy thanks to the balsamic vinegar. It reminds me a lot of a gourmet pizza. And of course if you're ever had that appetizer that combines fresh basil, mozzarella cheese and fresh tomato, then you'll recognize that same flavor combo here.
Make it a meal.
Add a side salad or a roasted veggie if you'd like. Garlic bread goes great with this casserole too!
Love easy and delicious dinners?
This easy recipe for Creamy Caprese Chicken Casserole was featured on South Your Mouth!
Creamy Caprese Chicken Casserole
- 1 cup dry egg noodles or dry pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 9 oz Short Cuts Chicken Breast, chopped or 1 ¾ cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired
- In an 8x8 baking dish, add uncooked egg noodles or pasta. Spread evenly.
- Pour chicken broth over noodles.
- Cut cooked chicken into bite-size pieces and layer evenly over top of noodles and broth.
- Measure 1 cup heavy cream using a large glass measuring cup then add balsamic vinegar and basil. Stir to combine then pour evenly over chicken.
- Layer diced tomatoes then mozzarella cheese evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375˚for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake and additional 10 minutes. Garnish if desired with parsley. Serve hot!