This whipped Gingerbread dip is a festive and fun dip to serve during the holidays. Made with spiced whipped cream and cream cheese for a cheesecake-like taste with a light fluffy texture. Serve as a dip or in a cup for individual desserts, like a mousse.
Gingerbread dip is a quick and easy holiday appetizer that tastes great and is ready in less than 10 minutes!
★ Why You’ll Love this Recipe ★
The dip is light and fluffy with a hint of molasses, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon.
Made with cream cheese and sweetened with powdered sugar, this dip is reminiscent of cheesecake with a lighter, whipped texture thanks to heavy cream.
Serve this yummy and festive dip with ginger snaps, mini gingerbread or molasses cookies, Nilla waffers, or graham crackers.
This is also a great make-ahead dessert for holiday dinners. Serve it in individual cups like a mousse!
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
All you need is 5 main ingredients plus spices!
Here's everything you need:
- Heavy cream whips into whipped cream that is used to lighten the mousse. Make sure the heavy cream is cold so it whips properly– warm or room-temperature cream won’t work in this recipe!
- Cream cheese is the base of this mousse-like dip. It adds richness and a delicious tanginess.
- Powdered sugar sweetens the dip. Feel free to add more or less to taste.
- Molasses give this dip and earthy, sweetness that we all love and expect when it comes to gingerbread!
- Vanilla enhances the sweetness and flavor of the spices and overall dip.
- Ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg are classic gingerbread spices — they add warmth and great flavor.
★ How to make this Recipe ★
This dip is super easy to make. No cooking required!
Here are the simple steps involved:
- Whip the heavy cream.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, molasses and spices.
- Add whipped cream to cream cheese mixture.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
Where can I find little gingerbread men cookies for dipping?
During the holidays, some grocery stores carry gingerbread men cookies or you can make your own.
If you prefer a from-scratch recipe, check out my friend's gingerbread cookie recipe here.
What does this dip taste like?
This dip is a rich and flavorful holiday-themed dessert dip made with cream cheese, gingerbread spices, and sweet ingredients like molasses and sugar.
The texture is light, fluffy, and perfect for dipping graham crackers, cookies, or fruit for a festive and delicious treat.
What can I serve with this dip?
You can serve dip with whatever sound good to you but here are some ideas: graham crackers, gingerbread cookies, apple slices, pear slices, pretzels, or even marshmallows.
The choice of dippers is flexible, and you can get creative with what you think pairs well with the gingerbread flavor.
Can this dip be made in advance for a party?
Yes, you can make this gingerbread dip in advance!
It's a great make-ahead dessert. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
However, it's best to add any toppings like crushed gingersnaps or whipped cream just before serving to maintain freshness and crunch.
Customize the sweetness level of this dip.
You can adjust the sweetness of the dip to your preference. If you want it sweeter, simply add more confectioners' sugar.
Conversely, if you prefer it less sweet, reduce the sugar quantity. Taste as you go to find the right balance for your palate.
Hosting a Holiday party?
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Want more delicious and easy festive recipes?
This recipe for whipped gingerbread dip was featured on South Your Mouth!
Whipped Gingerbread Dip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (canned)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, whisk or beat (using a mixer) the cold heavy cream on medium speed until it forms stiff peaks, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add remaining ingredients and beat with a mixer on low speed until combined.
- Beat in cream cheese until mixture becomes light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Serving as a Dip
- Spoon the mousse into a large serving dish. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve garnished with a fresh whipped cream and a gingerbread cookie.
Serving as Mousse
- Pipe mousse using just a pastry bag with no tip* into serving glasses.Serve immediately or cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve garnished with a fresh whipped cream and a gingerbread cookie.