A delicious, easy mango curried chicken salad you can make in 10 mins with just 7 ingredients. Made with rotisserie chicken and cashews. Amazing flavor!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
Tired of the same old chicken salad? This tasty Indian-inspired flavor combination of ingredients will put a totally new spin on your chicken salad.
Tangy and sweet mango compliments the Earthy curry. Cashews are sweet adding a soft crunch along the way. Celery brings a refreshing note as well as more crunch.
So this isn't your typical mushy chicken salad but it is still creamy and rich. Perfect for sandwiches or salad. Or just enjoy it by the spoonful!
Simple and quick!
Just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes is all you need to make this delicious Mango Curried Chicken Salad!
This chicken salad can be enjoyed over a bed of salad greens, in a wrap or try it on a sandwich. A toasted croissant is my favorite!
★ Ingredients You'll Need★
This combination of ingredients creates amazing flavor!
Here's everything you need:
- Rotisserie chicken. You can use any cooked chicken. Canned chicken or leftover chicken works well but I prefer moist and flavorful rotisserie chicken.
- Cashews. Salted. You can chop them or leave them whole. Up to you!
- Mango. Fresh or dried mango both work great. Choose whichever is more convenient for you.
- Celery. Fresh and chopped for delicious crunch and refreshing flavor.
- Honey mustard. Bottled dressing works great. Choose your favorite brand.
- Mayo. You can use avocado mayo or Greek yogurt
- Curry powder. This adds the pretty yellow color and amazing ethnic flavor.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This curry chicken salad is very easy to prep.
Here are the steps:
- Shred chicken.
- Add celery, cashews, honey mustard, mango, mayo and curry powder.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve or chill.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
Start with a rotisserie chicken to save time.
You can use leftover chicken or pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred or chop that baby.
What I love about using a rotisserie chicken is the juice that comes with it. I like to add a tablespoon or two of that juice (or gel if using a cold rotisserie chicken) into the chicken salad. It's not required but I think adds some extra moisture and flavor.
Any flavor rotisserie chicken works! You can get an unseasoned chicken, traditional seasoning or lemon pepper. These flavors all blend well with the sweet honey mustard and curry spices.
Not a fan of mayo?
No problem. You can 100% substitute plain Greek Yogurt for the mayo.
Use fresh or dried mango.
I use dried mango because it's easy to work with and stores well. And OK, I don't like to chop when I don't have to.
However, fresh mango is delicious and adds moisture so you may want to put in the extra work and go that route. Or if you're lucky, you may find pre-packaged freshly chopped mango at the store, if the season is right.
If using dried mango, you can typically find it in the aisle where you'd find raisins, dried cranberries, etc.
Serve on a bagel, wrap or croissant.
Choose a seasoned bagel if you want some extra flavor. This curried chicken salad is also delicious on a croissant! Or any sandwich bread of your choice.
Love a good wrap? Go ahead and wrap this up. Again, any flavor wrap works.
My personal favorite things to pair with this chicken salad are: everything bagels, crust bakery croissants, or healthy nut bread.
Go low carb.
Cutting carbs? You can leave off the breading completely and serve this chicken salad over top of a salad or on a rib of romaine lettuce instead of making this into a sandwich.
You can also try making homemade bagels. My easy baked bagels are lower carb than traditional bagels and can be made gluten free.
Love chicken salad?
Check out my cranberry walnut chicken salad recipe also super easy and made with rotisserie chicken.
This Mango Curried Chicken Salad recipe, made with rotisserie chicken and cashews, was featured on South Your Mouth!
Mango Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 small rotisserie chicken picked (reserve 2 tablespoon chicken jucies)
- ½ cup honey mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chopped dried or fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 rib celery chopped
- ½ cup cashews chopped
- Leafy greens
- Optional: 4-6 bagels or croissants
- Pick rotisserie chicken and shred and place in large bowl. Optional: add 1-2 tablespoon of the chicken juices.
- Chop celery, cashews and mango. Add to bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise and honey mustard.
- Toast bagels or croissants. Spoon chicken salad onto bottom half of each bagel or croissant, layer with leafy greens then top with other half to make a sandwich. Enjoy!