Santa Spritz is a delicious and festive holiday cocktail! This mixed drink begins with layering pomegranate juice, cranberry juice and vodka and topping off with club soda. This fresh and fruity drink is garnished with rosemary and frozen cranberries.
Santa’s spritz is a delicious and festive holiday cocktail!
If you're looking for a signature drink for your holiday party this year, look no further! This eye-catching red and green cocktail is easy to make and tastes great too!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
This refreshing cocktail tastes just as good as it looks.
The drink begins with cranberry juice, layered with pomegranate juice then fresh rosemary. Vodka is added before being topped off with club soda for that signature fizz making this a spritz.
This spritz is fresh and fruity, with a hint of earthy rosemary, and a light effervescence and wonderful aroma reminiscent of Christmas trees!
Garnished with fresh, whole cranberries and fragrant rosemary this drink comes with full holiday cheer!
Sip and let the joy of the holidays really lift your spirit! Cheers!
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This recipe is quite simple! You only need 5 ingredients.
Here's what to gather before you're ready to mix this drink:
- Rosemary is a great addition to this cocktail– it adds an earthy, woodsy aroma and flavor that pairs deliciously with cranberries. And the green color compliments the red for that classic holiday color combination.
- Pomegranate juice adds a sweet, tartness to the spritz.
- Cranberry juice adds a sour, fruity flavor to the spritz.
- Vodka is our alcohol of choice for this spritz but white rum or gin would also be delicious! Vodka is mostly flavorless so this really lets the the other ingredients shine through.
- Club soda adds effervescence to the spritz–you could always use sparkling water, Sprite or prosecco if you prefer.
- Fresh cranberries to show off the flavor of the drink and if you want to freeze them, they can act as ice cubes.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This cocktail is easy to prepare by just layering in each ingredient then giving a gentle stir before adding the final spritzer.
Lastly, garnish with as many frozen cranberries as you'd like along with a sprig of rosemary.
Here's a look at the process:
I recommend adding the club soda immediately before serving. To preserve the most bubbles, it's best to add the club soda directly to each drinking glass (and not the pitcher).
★ Tips and FAQs ★
Can this be made in a large batch?
Yes. You can double or triple the recipe as needed.
The juice mixture (cranberry juice, pomegranate juice and vodka) can be combined ahead of time and chilled.
Leave out the spritzer (club soda or other effervescent beverage of your choice) and add that after pouring into a glass immediately before serving. This ensures the bubbles do not go flat.
What type of glass works best for this cocktail?
This drink measures out at 7oz plus you'll need room for rosemary garnish and frozen cranberries (or ice). So you'll want to go with a highball glass.
Make this a mock-tail.
You can easily turn this into a punch for the kid of anyone looking for a nonalcoholic but still festive beverage.
Simply, leave out the vodka to make this virgin.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
If you're into making cocktails at home, there are some great classic recipes you'll want to try.
Browse all my cocktail recipes and be sure to Pin your favorite for later!
More Holiday Recipes
Browse all my Christmas recipes from appetizers to desserts!
This Santa Spritz cocktail recipe was featured on South Your Mouth!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice chilled
- 1 cup cranberry juice chilled
- ½ cup vodka chilled
- 4 oz club soda chilled
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- In a pitcher, pour in chilled pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, and vodka. Stir to combine.
- Divide frozen cranberries between 4 highball glasses.
- Pour an equal amount of vodka-cranberry-pomegranate juice mix into each glass.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of rosemary then top off each glass with a splash of club soda in each.