I grew up eating these at family barbecues and I finally made them myself just the other day. If you can shape the cream cheese a little as you add it to each one, they end up looking like little hearts on top — a perfect little treat for Valentine’s day!
Black Bottom Cupcakes
- 8 oz cream cheese whipped
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg
- 1 package devils food cake mix
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and line or grease pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, vanilla extract and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix devils food cake with vegetable oil, 3 eggs and chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup 1/3 full with the chocolate batter then add a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.