You know you're living your best life when you suddenly find yourself grilling a pineapple. This grilled pineapple dessert topped with vanilla bean ice cream and homemade rum sauce is a must-try!
You know you're living your best life when you suddenly find yourself grilling a pineapple. Ah, that tropical life is so good!
That easy breezy life is #summergoals.
The goals for this grilled pineapple recipe are simple:
✔️ Grill a pineapple.
✔️ Top grilled pineapple with vanilla bean ice cream and caramel rum sauce.
✔️ Live your best life.
Past favorite summer activities included: visiting family and long-time friends, rode roller coasters, floated through lazy rivers, kayaked down streams, caught lightening bugs, roasted plenty of s'mores, grilled all the things grillable, got sandy, went on long walks, ate our fair share of ice cream cones with sprinkles and a face... all good things. Summer is for good things.
Let Summer Linger
When the final days of summer come to a close you can find me grilling pineapples in protest or maybe just denial.
See, I like to let summer linger into fall as slowly as possible. Come end of August, when everyone else is busy planning healthy back-to-school lunches with fresh fruits and veggies all neat in their bento boxes, I'm over here like, "Can we just grill one more thing and eat ice cream and... where's the rum?"
So, yeah. If you want to sit in my boat and ride out this whole summer thing, hop it! Let's grill some pineapple, top it with ice cream and drizzle it with maple rum sauce while we soak up this last bit of summer sun.
Because inevitably we'll kiss our babies goodbye as they get on the school bus for the first time of a new school year year, we'll maybe cry a few tears... and then also jump for joy that we can sit for a minute with our coffee and not have to answer to "Mooooooooom" for a little while each day. We'll say we are so relieved, but we'll secretly miss it.
Oh summer, you are so simple yet so complex but we love you for everything you are.
Love easy desserts?
Grilled Pineapple with Rum Sauce
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 6 tablespoon butter divided
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon spiced rum
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoon of butter then stir in brown sugar, maple syrup and spiced rum until dissolved to form sauce. Stir in cream and then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Coat each pineapple slice on both sides using the remaining 2 tablespoon of butter then grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until pineapple has golden brown grill marks on both sides.
- Remove pineapple slices from grill, let cool for 1-2 minutes then top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each. Drizzle with cooled maple rum sauce and serve immediately.