I picked up a pretty rose-topped vintage jello mold at a local thrift shop. It looked as if had never been used. I was excited because you never see these things any more and I remember my mom used to have these hanging on the wall growing up.
My grandmother was also a big fan of jello and whipped cream desserts so I had to dust off this old recipe and give it a whirl. It came out tasting great and it was extremely easy to make. By the way, you can make this with any kind of fruit, not just strawberries.
For best results use a nonstick bundt pan.
Strawberry Cream Jello Dessert
- 3.4 oz strawberry jello 1 box
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¾ cups cold water
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream topping
- 2 cups frozen strawberries thawed
- Cooking spray
- In a bowl, dissolve the strawberry jello in the boiling water; stir for 2 minutes. Then add the cold water.
- Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour then remove and beat in the whipped cream and 1 cup of the frozen strawberries with a mixer.
- Pour into your greased jello mold and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- To remove the jello from the mold, cut around the edge and the center ring with a butter knife then turn upside down and tap until it releases.
- Fill the center with remaining cup of strawberries and top with a dollop of whipped cream.