How do you make stuffed pepper?
This recipe for ground turkey stuffed peppers is easy. You make them using a crockpot.
However, you can also prepare these in a casserole dish and bake them.
You could even cook them in a large pot on the stove.
There are many ways to cook these stuffed peppers and there’s no one way that’s really better than another, so choose what works best for you and your lifestyle.
Can you make stuffed peppers with ground turkey?
Yes! I like to use a blend of meats — half ground turkey and half ground beef. I actually usually do this whenever any recipe calls for ground beef. Mixing ground turkey with ground beef is a little bit healthier and it produces a really yummy and less greasy tasting flavor. If you’re curious to know how much better for you ground turkey is than ground beef, you can read more about that here.
Feel free to go all-turkey if you want to really cut down on fat. Or use any ratio you want as long as the total weight of meat is met, you’ll be good.
These are the best stuffed peppers. You’re going to love them!
The stuffed pepper recipe I use came from my mother-in-law who makes these (and so does her mother) and they are soooo good. She doesn’t measure anything though so she just told me the ingredients. Ha! After many times making and tweaking things, I finally have gotten them to taste like hers.
What dish is needed to make these stuffed peppers?
Depending on your cooking method, you make need:
If you’re looking for other healthy, easy, and/or lightened up dinner ideas, browse all my dinner recipes.
Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- ½ lb ground turkey
- ½ lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 4 bell peppers choose your favorite color!
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 10.75 oz condensed tomato soup
- 14.5 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds.
- Knead together turkey and beef with eggs, rice, onion, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and parsley.
- Stuff uncooked peppers with raw turkey mixture. Place into crockpot.
- Stir together garlic, tomato soup, diced tomatoes and sugar. Pour over stuffed peppers.
- Cook in a crockpot on low for 4 hrs or high for 2 hours or until thoroughly cooked. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese. You could also make these on your stove top in a large pot. Cook over medium heat for about 1 hour or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- If you'd prefer to bake these, place the peppers in a casserole dish or dutch oven and bake covered in foil for about 1 hour on 350˚ until internal temperature reaches 145°F.