This hot strawberry milk is rich and cozy. Perfect for a chilly winter day! Enjoy after sledding, to celebrate Valentine's Day or just for fun! Made with strawberry Nesquick.
Here's a fun one for a snow day, Valentine's Day or just for fun — hot pink strawberry milk! Made with thick heavy cream, milk, strawberry Nesquick, and plenty of mini marshmallows.
★ Why You’ll Love this Recipe ★
This hot strawberry milk tastes like just like a cup of hot chocolate, just with a strawberry flare.
Love strawberry milk? You'll love this warm and cozy take, made with touch of strawberry whipped cream, for a thick, frothy yet flavorful texture.
What sets this recipe apart.
We are using a blend of milk and heavy cream. The heavy cream really makes this drink rich and full bodied so each sip is like a little warm sweater for your tongue. A cute little pink sweater of course!
★ A Fun Valentine's Day Treat ★
Decorate your hot strawberry drink!
Making this as a special treat for Valentine's Day? Add some festive sprinkles!
Feel free to top this with marshmallows, sprinkles and any other Valentine's extras. Decorate it up until your heart's content!
This warm pink drink makes a fun and easy treat for kids or to share with your love as a date-night-in.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
You only need 4 ingredients to pull off this super cute drink! Plus sprinkles and any other extras you might want to top it off with.
Here's everything you'll need:
- Strawberry Nesquick. This is a powder, not a syrup. I've tried making this with strawberry syrup and it's not as good.
- Milk. You can use any milk from whole to skim. Whole milk will give you a much more rich and creamy taste. Skim, a much thinner texture and less rich flavor. This is up to your personal preference.
- Heavy whipping cream. You'll be adding some Nesquick powder to this then whipping it to create a really pretty and delicious strawberry whipped cream!
- Mini marshmallows. You could do regular mini marshmallows, freeze-dried marshmallow or both!
Sprinkles are optional but highly encouraged. 🙂
★ How to Prepare this Recipe ★
Here are the basic steps. The full recipe is outlined below.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream then add Nesquick powder.
- Stir Nesquick into milk and heat.
- Top hot strawberry milk with strawberry whipped cream.
- Add marshmallows, sprinkles and any other extras.
- Serve hot!
★ Tips & FAQs★
Flavored with Strawberry Nesquick
The powder works great here and the fun part is you can add as much or as little strawberry flavoring as you'd like.
Could you use strawberry syrup?
You can in a pinch. However, I prefer the taste of Strawberry Nesquick powder.
Adjusting the Color
If you want to go light on the strawberry flavor but don't want to loose that pretty pink color, you can always add a drop or two of red food coloring.
Enjoy this drink hot or cold.
You can make this pretty pink drink hot or cold.
To enjoy it as cold strawberry milk, simply start with cold milk instead of warming it. The Nesquick powder dissolves nicely even in cold milk when you give it a good stir.
Turn this into a cocktail!
Want to celebrate with a very fun and festive Valentine's Day cocktail?
Just add whipped cream vodka! Add 1.5 oz (1 shot) to your drink and stir before adding the whipped strawberry cream. Be sure to use a large enough glass to accommodate the extra 1.5oz. Also, feel free to add less according to your preference. Ages 21+ of course!
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Celebrate Valentine's Day by making something special.
I have lots of cute and yummy Valentine's Day recipe ideas for you to try!
This recipe for hot strawberry milk was featured on South Your Mouth!
Hot Strawberry Milk
- 1 cup milk any kind!
- 4 tablespoon strawberry Nesquick divided
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon mini marshmallows
- festive sprinkles optional
- Add milk and 2 tablespoon strawberry Nesquick to a mug and microwave for 1:30 or until hot but not boiling.
- While that's heating up, whip heavy cream with remaining 2 tablespoon strawberry Nesquick in a bowl, using an electric mixer until stiff peaks are formed.
- Top hot strawberry milk with a layer of mini marshmallows then spoon whipped strawberry cream on top.
- Top off with more marshmallows and sprinkles if you'd like!