Fill your cup with island water and let your worries float away! This Island Time cocktail is easy and delicious. All you need is blue curaçao and pineapple juice. Garnish with fresh pineapple. Serve over shaved ice for a refreshing slushie-style drink.
Bring the tropical island water to you! Sip this Island Time cocktail and let your worries float away.
Sip this tasty drink and relax by the pool, on a boat, on your porch or on a beach!
This pretty sea green cocktail is easy to mix up using just 2 ingredients plus crushed or cubed ice.
Garnish with fresh pineapple and a fun umbrella for the full tropical effect!
Slow down time and enjoy this drink with friends. A must try summer cocktail!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
This Island Time cocktail is for you if:
- You're craving sand between your toes, warm sunshine on your face and hammocks strung up beside the ocean shore
- You love pineapples
- You like a drink that's as pretty as it is tasty
- You like to spoil your friends
- The color of Caribbean sea water is your favorite
- You like mixed drinks that only involve two ingredients
- You appreciate fun garnishes
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This is a two-ingredient cocktail!
The best part about this drink is that its not a chore to make! It's delicious, beautiful and EASY too.
This Island Time cocktail will become a fast favorite because all you need is two mixers:
- Blue curaçao
- Pineapple juice.
The rest of the fun is in the presentation. Garnish with fresh wedge of pineapple and some fun accessories.
Optional Ingredients for Extra Flavor
If you want to add some additional beachy vibes along with extra flavor, try stirring in one or more of these extras!
- Coconut milk or coconut cream
- Orange juice
- Rum - light or dark or both!
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Mango puree - fresh or frozen
Tropical accessories recommended for best results. 😉
Suggested but not mandatory are:
- Fun straws
- Drink umbrellas
- Hurricane glasses
- Fresh pineapple garnish - slice a wedge of pineapple and clip a piece of green from the top. Cut into the pineapple wedge then insert the spike of green into the pineapple for a sailboat garnish.
You can even hollow out a pineapple to use as your cup! Since this drink is super simple, have fun with the presentation.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This drink does not require any fancy methods. Just pour the Blue curaçao and pineapple juice into your glass then add cubed or crushed ice.
Make this Island Time cocktail into a frozen concoction.
For a slushie style drink, trying shaving your ice. We use this ice shaver you can find on Amazon. It works great and is really simple to use. It works much better than a blend and isn't complicated like some other slushie makers.
If you don't want to deal with special equipment though, you can just add the ingredients into a blender with some ice and pulse until smooth.
For a thicker, daiquiri-style drink, you can substitute half of the pineapple juice with frozen pineapples and blend.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
Can this be made into a mocktail?
Yes, you can make this drink virgin. Don't leave out friends who doesn't drink!
You can easily make this using pineapple juice and blue Hawaiian punch instead of blue curaçao.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Want more cocktail ideas you can make at home?
Browse all my cocktail recipes and be sure to Pin your favorites for later!
This beverage is for ages 21+
Island Time Cocktail
- 4-6 oz pineapple juice to taste
- 2 oz blue curaçao
- Handful of crushed or cubed ice
- Fresh pineapple for garnish optional
- Add ice to a hurricane glass.
- Pour in pineapple juice and blue curaçao. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple and a fun drink umbrella!