This Island Time cocktail is for you if:
- You’re craving sand between your toes, warm sunshine on your face and hammocks strung up beside the ocean shore
- You love pineapples
- You like a drink that’s a pretty as it is tasty
- You like to spoil your friends
- The color of Caribbean sea water is your favorite
- You like mixed drinks that only involve two ingredients
- You appreciate fun garnishes
A two-ingredient cocktail that’s not a chore to make!
So, are you in? I think you’re going to love this Island Time cocktail! All you need is some blue curaçao and pineapple. The rest of the fun is in the presentation.
If you want to add some additional beachy vibes along with extra flavor, try stirring in one or more of these extras!
- Coconut milk or coconut cream
- Orange juice
- Rum – light or dark or both!
- Squeeze of lime
- Mango puree – fresh or frozen
Tropical accessories also recommended for best results. 😉
Suggested but not mandatory are:
- Fun straws
- Drink umbrellas
- Hurricane glasses
- Fresh pineapple garnish – slice a wedge of pineapple and clip a piece of green from the top. Cut into the pineapple wedge then insert the spike of green into the pineapple for a sailboat garnish.
Make this Island Time cocktail into a frozen concoction.
Just add the ingredients into a blender with some ice and pulse until smooth! You can also substitute frozen pineapples for the pineapple juice and blend.
Yes, you can make this drink virgin.
Don’t leave out friends who doesn’t drink! You can easily make this using pineapple juice and blue Hawaiian punch instead of blue curaçao.
Want more cocktail ideas you can make at home?
This beverage is for ages 21+
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz blue curaçao
- Handful of crushed or cubed ice
- Fresh pineapple for garnish optional
- Add ice to a hurricane glass.
- Pour in pineapple juice and blue curaçao then stir.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple, a fun straw and a drink umbrella!