These delicious Salisbury steaks with mushroom gravy are ready in just 30 minutes! Made with ground beef and gravy made from sour cream and French onion soup. Everything cooks on the stove top in one pan—a cast iron skillet works best. Delicious and easy!
Ground beef is dressed to impress here showing up to your dinner table all fancied up as Salisbury Steaks with mushroom gravy!
This ground beef dinner recipe tastes amazing and is totally easy to pull off.
With a flavorful mix of add-ins, a little shaping, some mushroom and French onion soup as a starter for your gravy, you can have yourself a pretty eye catching meal in minutes.
Ready in 30 minutes
This is one of those 30-minute meals that is truly ready in 30 minutes. Honestly, probably less than that if you're quick. The quick and simple prep makes this ideal for weeknight dinners on days where you're craving something hearty.
These Salisbury Steaks are super easy to make.
Watch this video that shows how to make them, step by step:
What to Serve with Salisbury Steaks
Mashed potatoes is a natural pairing with these Salisbury steaks. With gravy built into this dish, you could just layer the Salisbury steaks and mashed potatoes together for an affordable yet impressive steak and potatoes style dinner. Try my sour cream and chive mashed potatoes recipe!
Can't forget the veggies. A simple side salad will do the job here. Or you can opt for a fancier salad like my cranberry-apple walnut salad.
You also can't go wrong with a roasted vegetable. Brussels sprouts, asparagus and/or carrots are among my favorite veggies to roast. Toss them in a little olive oil and salt then roast them at 425˚ for 15-25 minutes or until then have bits of golden brown. YUM.
These Salisbury steaks are kid friendly!
I love a good fancy yet kid friendly meal. These Salisbury steaks fit the bill. Rinse off the gravy and remove the mushrooms for super picky eaters.
Lighten up these Salisbury steaks by using ground turkey.
Same recipe, just substitute some or all of the ground beef with ground turkey. For better flavor, I recommend a half and half blend.
Not into mushrooms?
Not a problem. Just leave them out! You'll still have plenty of great flavor.
Or cook them on the side in a little bit of butter or oil if you have differing opinions about mushrooms.
Want more easy dinner ideas?
Salisbury Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
- 10.5 oz condensed French onion soup
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- Mix ⅓ cup French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Shape into 6 thick oval-shaped patties.
- In a cast iron skillet, lightly brown both sides of patties over medium heat. Drain fat.
- In a separate bowl, blend remaining soup, ketchup, milk, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Add mushrooms. Pour over Salisbury steaks in skillet and cook for 20 minutes, covered. Gently stir occasionally.
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and roasted veggies for a complete meal.