Here’s a dinner idea that’s super easy to prep, freezer friendly and has everything all in one dish.
Diced ham, onion soup, hash browns, broccoli and spices are combined and topped with cheddar cheese baked to melted perfection.
No prep need. Combine and bake!
The beauty of this dish is its simplicity. Just combine ingredients, pour into a casserole dish and bake!
Salty ham, creamy cheddar cheese and hash browns are a perfect combo.
This flavorful combination is made even more delicious with celery salt, garlic powder and an onion soup and sour cream sauce. A unique recipe I think you’ll love!
This is a great dish for making ahead to feed a big family, house guests, or a small crowd. You can prepare everything the night before, cover in greased foil and refrigerate or freeze.
If baking after refrigeration, add 10-15 minutes to the bake time as needed.
If baking from frozen, add 30+ minutes to the bake time as needed.
Cook Time for Any Sized Casserole Dish
This recipe is written for a 9×12 casserole dish, however you can use any sized dish. Just note, cook time may vary. For smaller yet deeper baking dishes, you may need to extend cook time.
You can check for doneness when the center is hot. Keep covered so that extending the cook time does not burn the top of the casserole.
Love Ham and Cheese?
Me too! It’s a great combination. Check out these other ham and cheese recipes:
Ham Broccoli Hash Brown Casserole
- 30 oz frozen hash browns
- 10.5 oz can cream of onion soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp butter to grease casserole dish
- In a very large bowl, add cream of onion soup, sour cream, celery salt, garlic powder, and white pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Add hash browns, diced ham, chopped broccoli, and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup for later) to creamy mixture. Fold to combine then transfer to a 9×13" baking dish, greased with butter.
- Bake at 325˚ for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle on remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes or until center of casserole is hot and cheese is melted.