Delicious and super easy cinnamon bread! 2 marbled loaves. Made with yellow cake mix, cinnamon and brown sugar topped with icing. Weekend breakfast goals!
You can make the most delicious and easy cinnamon bread using cake mix!
Perfect for weekend breakfasts, to share with friends and family, or to serve for brunch.
So easy, kids can make this cake mix cinnamon bread!
Not only do kids love the taste of this cinnamon bread, it's also super simple to make. Easier than chocolate chip cookies even. So, any kid who can use safely a hand mixer, can make this bread.
Make cinnamon muffins instead of loaves of bread.
I make this recipe using two loaf pans.
However, you can easily convert this recipe into muffins. Just use the same layering process in your greased or lined muffins cups, and then bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 24 muffins.
Watch how to make this!
Check out this how-to video that shows how easily this cinnamon cake mix bread comes together.
Try adding nuts!
You can add chopped pecans or any kind of chopped nuts you enjoy. Just stir them right into the batter.
The bread is absolutely delicious and moist all on its own and truly doesn't even need icing. I actually prefer it without and it's less sugar that way too. However, icing does dress it up a bit so it's nice to have as an option if you're serving this for a special occasion.
A small amount of salt can really bring flavors out so add a dash of salt to your batter if you want, it's fine if you don't though too. It's just an extra flavor boost and won't affect the baking process.
I also enjoy the cinnamon and nutmeg combination. Nutmeg has a nutty flavor and that goes so well with cinnamon and sugar. Add it in if you love it too. If you're not sure, smell it first and if it smells good, go for it. Just a few dashes will do. If you don't have it, don't like it, or even just forget, no worries! You don't need it.
Don't have brown sugar?
Brown sugar add to the flavor of this cinnamon bread, but it's not 100% necessary. If you're fresh out of brown sugar, you can use regular sugar instead. So for this recipe, you'd just be doubling the white sugar.
Try honey or maple syrup as a sweetener.
Both of the natural sweeteners can be use in place of sugar in this recipe! You can completely replace the sugar with honey or maple syrup, or you can just substitute part of the sugar. You can swap whatever quantity you want using a 1:1 ratio. Cook time may be affect, so just use the toothpick method to check for doneness if you make any substitutions.
Love cinnamon? You may also enjoy these popular recipes:
This easy recipe for Cake Mix Cinnamon Bread was featured on South Your Mouth!
Cake Mix Cinnamon Bread
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cooking oil or softened butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt Optional
- Dashes nutmeg Optional
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, milk and oil (or butter) using a hand mixer. Beat at a medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Grease two loaf pans with cooking oil.
- Add a layer of batter to each, just enough to cover the whole bottom of the bread pan.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until blended.
- Spoon a layer of cinnamon sugar on top of the layer of batter in each loaf pan. Repeat layers until batter and cinnamon sugar is used up. Use a knife to spread out the cinnamon as needed. You can swirl the cinnamon sugar for a marbled look if you want.
- Bake at 350˚for 40 minutes* or until toothpick inserted into center of each loaf comes out clean. *Cook time will vary depending on loaf pan size and shape.
- When done, let cool for 5-10 minutes then top with icing if desired. Slice and serve warm!