So many things are happening here that make me smile. First, Cheese Its + chicken. Second, my two crazy kids (See last photo!). Third, crunchy-cheesy-crispy-chicken.
Oh, and fourth, this is the first time I’ve used my brand new light reflectors. They are AWESOME. And I’m super excited to tell you more about them but I’m going to save that for a separate behind-the-scenes blog post, later. Like after I get a little more sleep. For now get your nose right up close here and look at those chunks of cheese crackers perfectly complimented by the one and only panko bread crumb. Sigh. Sometimes the simple things in life really are the best things.
Cheese Cracker and Panko-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
- 1 cup crushed cheese crackers
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Whisk together egg and milk in a bowl.
- Combine cheese cracker crumbs with panko crumbs. Add garlic salt and table salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut chicken into nugget-sized pieces. Dip in egg mixture then toss in crumbs until thoroughly coasted.
- Place crumb-coated chicken piece into a grease 9x12 baking pan.
- Bake at 425˚ for 15 minutes or until cooked through (no pink).