No need to decide. This black and white chili is the best of both worlds.
You get the flavor of black beans and the creaminess of your favorite white bean chili.
The perfect weekend crockpot soup
If Sundays at your house are anything like they are at our house, then it’s pretty much semi-organized chaos. It’s the day you try to squeeze in all the things that need to be done before the next week starts. For us, that means we’re all over the place. We are moving from one thing to the next, trying to mix in as many fun things as we can between the non-fun things (laundry, dishes, you know the drill) as possible.
Today the kids and I went ice skating. Strange because were basking in the 80 degree temps just the other day but summer was winding down. Despite the warm temps tempting me to pretend is is still summer, I see those few leaves already starting to turn orange.
Fall means soup season
I am really okay with getting full into soup, football and ice skating season though. I love fall. With its crisp air, cool nights and colorful walks. I know you may not be agreeing with me on this and that’s alright. But the soup though. WE agree on that right?
This particular black and white chili, is the soup that’s the perfect segue into fall. It’s a white chicken chili so it feels light and fresh like summer yet it’s warm and comforting as a fall meal should be.
Few tips: If you want to cook this soup in the crockpot, you certain can. I recommend cooking it on low for 4 hours. If you have time and are looking to get additional flavor from the soup, try sauteing your onions, garlic, peppers and corn to get them caramelized before adding to your soup.
In the market for a crockpot?
Want an easier clean up? Grab some crockpot liners.
This black and white chili was featured on Inspire Me Monday!
Crockpot Black and White Chili
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ½ red or yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 red pepper diced
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 2 cups white corn
- 28 ox black beans 2 cans
- 28 oz white beans 2 cans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 avocado cubed
- Tortilla strips or crushed chips for topping
- Pick and shred rotisserie chicken. red pepper, green chilies, cumin, lime juice, salt and garlic in a greased slow cooker. Pour chicken stock over top. Cook for 4hrs on low.
- Add shredded chicken, chicken stock, red pepper, green chilies, corn, beans, cumin, and salt to a large stock pot or dutch oven. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and similar for 30-35 or until peppers are tender.
- Before serving, stir in sour cream.
- Serve topped with avocado, tortilla chips and Mexican cheese.