Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip that's is super easy to make with just 5 ingredients Use your crockpot or stovetop. Amazing flavor inspired by Applebee's famous appetizer.
This is the only spinach artichoke dip recipe you'll ever need! Truly.
It's Easy. Creamy. And everything cooks in the crockpot. You can't go wrong here!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
Love Applebee's Artichoke Spinach dip appetizer?
Me too. This recipe is inspired by their creamy dip that's served with chips and is going to make you feel like you're actually in one of their cozy booths enjoying this restaurant-quality appetizer.
You can add a side of salsa just like Applebee's appetizer as a secondary dip option. I think this makes a nice presentation and I personally enjoy going back and forth between the cream spinach dip and the fresh salsa. Pair with your favorite salsa. I prefer fresh salsa from the grocery store refrigerator section or Restaurant Style salsa.
This dip is supremely easy to make!
Literally all you need is 5 minutes of prep. You're just opening up some stuff, chopping the artichokes and toss everything into your crockpot or a pot if you're opting for the stovetop method.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
Just 5 Ingredients!
All you need to make this amazing dip are the following:
- Spinach. You can use fresh or frozen. Fresh will have better texture and flavor. Canned is not a great option as I find the "canned" taste overpowering.
- Cream cheese. You can go with whipped cream cheese or let a block of cream cheese soften and it will more easily combine with the other ingredients to form a smooth and creamy dip.
- Italian cheeses. You can find the pre-shredded (or shred your own). The blend of cheeses is up to you but I really enjoy the blend of Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago.
- Artichoke hearts. You can find these canned. You'll want to drain away the extra liquid. Remove any tough pieces, and slice them into small pieces so they blend well into your dip.
- Garlic & Herb seasoning mix. You can find this in the salad dressing aisle. A packet garlic & herb seasoning powder is an easy one-step add-in that brings so much flavor.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
Make this dip in the crockpot or on the stovetop.
Either one. Directions for both are below.
Crockpot: If you have time and want to use the crockpot to serve, that may be a better option for you. This recipe makes about 5 cups so you can make this in a small crockpot which I prefer if I'm making this to take somewhere. Small crockpots are really affordable so if you don't already have one, you can check them on Amazon.
Stovetop: If you want to save a little time, don't have a crockpot, or don't want to use one, then you can just as easily make this on the stovetop with a pot. Since you're not dealing with a slow cooker, this dip is ready to go in about 20 minutes or less.
To prepare on the stovetop: combine all ingredients in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir frequently for about 10-15 minutes or until all ingredients are evenly combined into a creamy texture.
What does this dip taste like?
There are so many recipes for spinach artichoke dip out there that are vastly different. I wanted to put on together that tasted amazing and was easy to prep.
So here's how I would describe this particular recipe: The texture is very creamy with a hearty amount of healthy spinach and a whole can of delicious artichoke hearts mixed in.
The flavor has a subtle tang from the artichokes as well as from the more flavorful cheeses — Romano and Asiago. The blend of cheeses and cream cheese offers the perfect amount of creaminess.
Finally, the garlic and herb powder bring everything together. The seasoning really finishes this dip off and balances out the earthy flavors of the spinach and artichokes.
In a nutshell, it's addictively delicious and I'm very confident you're going to really enjoy this recipe! It's so good, you may even decide to claim it as your own signature dish to take places as an appetizer.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Love a good, easy appetizer?
Be sure to browse all my appetizer recipes while you're here!
Easy Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 11 oz fresh spinach leaves stems removed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup Italian cheese blend (Parmesan, Asiago, Romano)
- 13.75 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- .75 oz Garlic & Herb Dressing & Recipe Seasoning Mix (1 packet)
- 14.5oz Tortilla chips or crusty bread
- Add spinach, cream cheese, Italian cheeses, chopped artichokes and garlic & herb seasoning powder to your crockpot set to high.
- Cook for 1 hour, stirring half way through and more as needed to break up the cream cheese and blend everything togetherDip is ready when all ingredients have combined together evenly and are piping hot. Turn heat down to keep warm so spinach does not overcook.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crust bread.