These tasty little BBQ pulled pork nachos are going to change your Sunday snack game forever! All you need is 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to prep this tasty football party snack.
These tasty BBQ pulled pork nachos are a favorite go-to snack because they are quick and easy and simple, made with just 5 ingredients.
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
These loaded nachos are done in just 15 minutes when you use cooked pulled pork. So quick, easy and delicious!!
You can use your own, homemade pulled pork (grab my lazy crockpot pulled pork recipe here) or save time and pick up ready-made pulled pork. It's available in most grocery stores.
Sunday Football Food
These nachos are the perfect Sunday snack game snack!
When it's fall and the weather is getting crisp and breezy, football is the best excuse to cozy up at home with family and enjoy some snacks while you watch some football.
The great thing about these BBQ pulled pork nachos is that they eat like a meal, so you can totally justify just makings these and skipping the full dinner production.
An Easy Appetizer Idea
This is not only easy to throw together when you start with cooked pulled pork (Get my recipe for lazy crockpot pulled pork here), it also only requires one dish. So clean up is a breeze.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This recipe is so simple! All you need is 5 basic ingredients!
Feel free to add extra toppings if you'd like but these 5 ingredients are all you need for a quick and tasty appetizer.
- Nachos. Yellow corn chips are what I recommend but any tortilla chip works.
- Pulled pork. Make your own using my crockpot pulled pork recipe or you can but store-bought, ready-made pulled pork at most grocery stores.
- Jalapeños. You can use fresh or pickled. Seeds will add heat, so remove them if you don't want these too spicy.
- Cheese. Shredded cheddar cheese works or spice things up with a Mexican blend of cheeses.
- Sour cream. This goes on after baking and adds a cool, creamy layer which compliments all the other rich flavors so nicely.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This recipe comes together in just a few steps.
Here's what involved: (full recipe listed further down)
- Cook and shred your pulled pork, add barbecue sauce.
(Use this recipe or save a step and buy it ready-made.
- Layer tortilla chips onto a baking sheet.
- Top with barbecue pulled pork.
- Layer on shredded cheese and jalapeños.
- Drizzle with sour cream then serve hot!
★ Tips & FAQs ★
Baking sheet, casserole dish or platter?
What's the best tool to use to cook these yummy nachos?
Well, you can bake these nachos using a baking sheet, but I actually prefer a large casserole dish so that I can serve these nachos directly from the same dish.
You do have to be careful since the dish will be hot coming right out of the oven, so if you prefer transferring from baking sheet to a platter, that works too and clean up is still minimal.
You could also use or buy an oven-safe platter like this one (shop it on Amazon):
Keep it simple or add lots of toppings!
I try to always provide recipes that a require minimal amount of ingredients so that you can still pull together a dish without having to make an extra trip to the store.
So, what you're getting with this recipe is the base-line to make this delicious dish. You can, however, totally add to these nachos and load them up till your heart's content.
Extra Topping Ideas
That said, let's talk about other things you can add to these BBQ pulled pork nachos besides what's included in the basic recipe.
All you really need is cheese, pulled pork, jalapenos, barbecue sauce and tortilla chips but you can add more toppings if you'd like.
I like to add extras if I feel like it or if I have things on hand. However sometimes a quick trip to the store to pick up some extras— can be relaxing if I have time. My point in telling you this is that you don't need to stress about ingredients and keep it as simple or as complex as you want.
So here are some optional topping ideas you can add:
- fresh cilantro
- squeeze of lime
- additional cheeses
- sour cream
- onion (red or white, cooked or not)
As you can see, you could really go all out here! The fun thing about that is you could make them a little different each time you make them and have a different flavor each time.
Could you use chicken or steak instead of pulled pork?
Yep! You sure could. Try rotisserie chicken, or sear some chunks of steak to use instead of the pulled pork.
You could even use shrimp or white fish instead if that's up your alley.
Get creative within these guidelines and cater these nachos to you and your family/friend's favorite foods.
What if jalapenos are too spicy for you?
That's OK. 🙂 You can leave them off, choose a different type of pepper to use or try pickled jalapenos which are slightly less spicy than raw ones.
You can also blister or roast your jalapenos. When you cook them, the spice is subdued quite a bit.
What kind of nachos are best?
The scooped or cupped nachos have become really popular now because they are great for dipping. However, this recipe for sheet pan nachos really works better with the more traditional flat tortilla chips. They just lay nicely and the toppings get distributed a little easier, in my opinion.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Make your own barbecue sauce.
It takes 10 minutes to make your own sauce and homemade can be so much tastier than bottled sauces. Plus, you can tweak the ingredients to your personal liking.
Get my easy barbecue sauce recipe to learn how to make your own and then customize it as much or as little as you'd like!
Want an easy way to make your pulled pork?
Be sure to check out my crockpot recipe for pulled pork butt (or you can use loins).
You can also opt for ready-made pulled pork if you're short on time. You can find heat-and-eat pulled pork at most grocery stores.
Want more easy appetizer ideas?
These BBQ pulled pork nachos were featured on Wow Me Wednesday!
BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- 25-30 tortilla chips
- 1 cup cooked BBQ pulled pork
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese choose your favorite
- 2-3 tablespoon sour cream
- Arrange tortilla chips evenly on a large baking sheet or a flat casserole dish.
- Layer on warm BBQ pulled pork. (Reheat in microwave until warm if using refrigerated pulled pork)
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over pork, then add sliced jalapeños.
- Bake nachos at 450˚for 6-8 minutes or until chips just start to sizzle. Remove chips from
- Put sour cream into a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze bag to dispense sour cream evenly over top of warm nachos and then serve.