These Nutella rolls are so yummy and so easy to make! You'll need just 5 ingredients! The secret shortcut is starting with sweet Hawaiian crescent roll dough! A must-try breakfast or brunch treat.
These Nutella rolls are the perfect special occasion breakfast or brunch treat. They are SO yummy yet SO easy to make!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
The process for prepping these Nutella rolls is surprisingly simple.
You do not need to make your own dough from scratch so these will take you less than 10 minutes to prep.
You'll need just 5 ingredients! The secret shortcut is starting with sweet Hawaiian crescent roll dough. Sweet dough is the ideal compliment to the Nutella filling.
A must-try breakfast or brunch treat perfect for holidays, Mother's Day or a birthday breakfast.
These sweet rolls are topped with a delicious 3-ingredient whipped frosting. This topping comes out like a thick, sweet whipped cream. A cross between icing and whipped cream that adds a perfect amount of sweetness to these rolls.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
You will need 5 ingredients TOTAL to make these yummy breakfast rolls including the homemade whipped frosting. You won't believe how good these taste for such a simple recipe!
Here's everything you need:
- Sweet Hawaiian crescent roll dough. Using the sweet Hawaiian flavor is key. You do not want to substitute with regular crescent rolls. If you have to substitute, the next best option is puff pastry dough.
- Nutella. Everyone's favorite chocolate hazelnut spread because you can literally eat it by the spoonful. It's that good.
- Heavy whipping cream. You'll whip this to create a fluffy, thick frosting that tastes like creamy icing. YUM.
- Vanilla extract. To flavor your frosting. Go with pure vanilla, not imitation.
- Powdered sugar. This sweetens the frosting just enough.
That's it! Truly all you need for an amazing and gorgeous looking breakfast or brunch treat.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This recipe requires very little prep for incredible results.
Here are the basic steps (you can view the full recipe below):
- Unroll dough and pinch perforations closed.
- Spread Nutella onto dough.
- Roll into a log.
- Slice log into 8 pieces.
- Arrange on baking sheet or pan.
- Bake then let cool.
- Whip heavy cream.
- Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Top cooled rolls with frosting.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
What do these Nutella rolls taste like?
Sweet Hawaiian dough is rolled up with Nutella then topped off with whipped, creamy frosting.
Truth be told, these sweet rolls can serve as a dessert too.
Where can I find sweet Hawaiian crescent dough?
You can find this dough at most groceries stores where you'd normally find refrigerated pizza, biscuit and cinnamon roll dough.
Can I use regular crescent dough?
I do not recommend this. I have made this recipe with regular crescent rolls and did not enjoy the flavor. Using sweet Hawaiian dough is key to pulling these off using just 5 ingredients!
The only acceptable substitution I've found is puff pastry dough.
You can prepare the Nutella rolls and whipped frosting ahead of time if you'd like. For example, if you want top prep everything the night before, and just pop these in the oven in the morning, you can.
Prep the rolls an place them in a baking pan with edges. Then cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove plastic wrap before baking.
The whipped frosting can also be made ahead and stored in an air tight container in the fridge. Bring the frosting to room temperature while the rolls bake for easier spreading. Stir frosting as needed before applying to the tops of the rolls.
How to Store Leftovers
You can store these Nutella rolls for up to 3 days in the fridge, placed in an air tight container. Due to the whipped cream frosting, you don't want to leave these out for more than 2 hours.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Love Nutella? Try these other yummy Nutella recipes!
Enjoy breakfast rolls? You may also love my cinnamon roll casserole!
This super easy recipe for 5-ingredient Nutella rolls was featured on South Your Mouth!
Nutella Rolls with Whipped Frosting
- 1 (8oz) package sweet Hawaiian crescent dough
- ½ cup Nutella hazelnut spread
Whipped Cream Icing
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375˚.Unroll package of sweet Hawaiian crescent roll dough in one full sheet onto a clean surface (I use a baking sheet lined with a silicon liner or you can use parchment paper).Pinch the perforations closed.
- Spread Nutella onto the entire surface of the dough.
- Starting with the long bottom end, tightly roll the dough up from the bottom into a log.
- Place the seam-side down and cut log into 8 slices. Use a sharp serrated bread knife and wipe clean in between as needed.*
- Place all the rolls onto the baking sheet spaced about ½" apart. It's OK if they touch each other as they bake and expand.
- Bake for 10 minutes or just until they start to lightly brown then remove and let cool.
- While rolls are cooling, in a large bowl, whip heavy whipping cream using an electric mixer, until peaks form. Next, add vanilla, then slowly mix in powdered sugar. Start on a low speed and increase as sugar absorbs.
- Spread whipped icing over the mostly cooled rolls and enjoy!
Leave a Reply