Chicken Bacon Ranch Bow Tie Pasta. This trifecta is well known to be a deliciously satisfying oven-baked casserole. Plus, it's easy to make. Lots of wins in one dish.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Smith’s.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Bow Tie Pasta. This dish is all dressed up and feeling cute!
Chicken. Bacon. Ranch. Oh my!
The chicken bacon ranch trifecta is well known to be a deliciously satisfying casserole that’s kid-friendly and makes for yummy leftovers. Plus, it’s easy to make. Lots of wins in one dish.
What we’re doing here is dressing up what was already good to make it GREAT.
First step: Thick Cut Bacon
Since bacon is a primary player in this chicken bacon ranch casserole, choosing a good quality, thick-cut bacon makes all the difference in flavor and texture.
Next up, delicious rotisserie chicken.
Not only is rotisserie chicken perfectly seasoned and moist, it’s super easy! Starting with a rotisserie chicken makes this classic casserole easy enough for a weeknight dinner yet delicious enough to serve dinner guests. If you prefer to cook your own chicken, that’s fine too. You can grill or broil chicken breasts and/or thighs instead of buying a cooked rotisserie chicken.
Finally, bow tie pasta.
Bow tie pasta really dresses up this dish and gives it some personality and great texture. You can use any kind of pasta however, if you don’t have bow tie pasta on hand.
Put it all together in a casserole dish or dutch oven.
This recipe is super easy to prep and serve. You can cut down on dishes by cooking and serving from a dutch oven or cast iron skillet. However, if you’re taking this to a potluck or other gathering, you can transfer to and serve this from a casserole dish.
Shop casserole dishes on Amazon
What side dishes go well with this chicken bacon ranch pasta?
You could serve this casserole with a side of roasted veggies. I love oven roasted brussels sprouts or peas with this dish. You could also serve this pasta with a side salad.
Need side dish recipe ideas?
Want more easy dinner ideas?
Special thanks to Smith’s!
Smith’s, headquartered in Erie, PA has graciously allowed Mighty Mrs. to publish this recipe for chicken bacon ranch pasta in order to inspire families with new ways to cook their prepared meats. You can show your gratitude and support by connecting with Smith’s on Facebook: facebook.com/smithshotdogs and on Instagram: instagram.com/smithshotdogs. If you’re located in the tri-state area, you can find Smith’s meats at your local grocer or chain retailer. Visit Smith’s website site for a complete list of locations.
This recipe for chicken bacon ranch pasta was featured on South Your Mouth!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Bow Tie Pasta
- 8 slices Smith's thick cut bacon
- 16 oz bow tie pasta
- ½ rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 tbsp bacon drippings or use butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 16 oz sour cream
- ½ cup milk (optional for more sauce)
- 1 (1oz) packet ranch seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in the oven on a baking sheet at 350˚for 18-22 minutes or until evenly crispy. Remove bacon from baking sheet with tongs and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to remove excess grease. Let cool then chop. Reserve bacon drippings for later.
- While bacon is cooking, cook pasta according to package and drain.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, melt butter (or use bacon drippings) then whisk in flour. Let bubble for 1 minute then whisk in sour cream, milk and ranch seasoning packet. Return to boil and stir until thickened then reduce to low.
- Stir in cooked bow tie pasta, shredded cooked chicken and 3/4 of the chopped bacon. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is warmed then top with remaining bacon and serve hot.