This creamy crockpot Tuscan ravioli dinner is so easy to make and delicious too! Made with cheese ravioli, tomatoes, cream cheese, fresh spinach, Italian sausage, and Vermouth for a bit of sophistication. Everything cooks in the crockpot. Just 7 ingredients!
This super easy recipe for creamy Crockpot Tuscan raviloi is something a little different you can try for dinner!
You’ll love the thick, creamy sauce combined with the flavors of spinach and sausage. Add your favorite fresh or frozen ravioli and dinner basically cooks itself slowly in the crockpot while you go about your day. Sounds good right?
The creamy vermouth sauce is simple yet delicious and sounds super fancy but it’s actually super easy to make. This crockpot dinner recipe is just 7 ingredients!
You could also easily prepare this meal in a large pot on the stove top if that fits your schedule better.
Try turkey sausage to cut fat.
I really love the flavor of sausage but don’t love all the fat so turkey sausage is the perfect play here. I used regular cheese raviolis, the frozen kinds but you could do fresh if you want.
The chicken broth and cream cheese combine nicely to complement the sausage and the tomatoes and spinach add some freshness and nutrition to this dish. It’s a well balanced meal all in one pot!
What type of flavor does the Vermouth add?
Dry Vermouth is my secret ingredient to bring the flavor to a sophisticated level. Vermouth can be replace with a red wine or left out completely if you don’t have it handy.
If you want to impress your guest though, or just have something a little fancier for dinner, it’s worth a trip to the store to pick up it. It stores well in a cool, dry cabinet for future use either to prepare a cocktail or use it in another recipe.
Learn more about the difference between sweet and dry Vermouth. For this recipe, we’re using dry.
Crockpot ravioli is a little tricky.
But certainly nothing we can’t handle here. Since ravioli can overcook, you want to be sure your crockpot shuts off after the designated cook time and changes over to “keep warm” mode. Coming home after a long day of work to a dried up mess in the crockpot when you were expecting a nice easy dinner, isn’t fun! Been there, done that.
So, be sure to take advantage of your slow cooker’s timer settings. If your slow cooker doesn’t have timed settings and you really wish it did, it may be time for an upgrade.
Check out this video that shows how to make this dish!
Want more easy dinner ideas?
If you’re looking for more easy yet delicious meals ideas, browse all my dinner recipes.
Creamy Spinach and Sausage Ravioli
- 28 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cups chicken stock add more or less depending on how thick you like your sauce
- ¼ cup vermouth
- 8 oz cream cheese use whipped for smoother sauce
- 1 lb Italian breakfast sausage use turkey sausage for a healthier option
- 25 oz frozen or fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves frozen spinach works too
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock and vermouth to your slow cooker and stir together.
- Slice cream cheese* into small chunks (or use whipped cream cheese) and add to slow cooker. Stir well to blend with other ingredients.
- Cut up sausage into bite-size chunks. Place in crockpot.
- Add frozen ravioli to crockpot, fold in until thoroughly coated with sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Gently fold in spinach and cook for an additional 10 minutes (or until wilted but still bright green) then serve.