This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission.Jump down to Recipe
Here’s what I made as an appetizer for the Super Bowl. The phyllo dough is pretty time consuming to work with, but the flakey goodness is worth it I think!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 shallots diced
- 20 oz frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Feta cheese
- 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cups walnuts finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 1 package phyllo dough sheets
- 1 stick butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Saute shallots in oil until soft.
- Defrost and thoroughly drain spinach; add to shallots.
- Cook out excess moisture, about 5 mins.
- Transfer spinach mixture to bowl; stir in Feta & walnuts.
- Add nutmeg and season with salt & pepper.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough flat (cover rest with damp towel to prevent drying); brush with butter.
- Layer a second sheet on top of the first brush with butter.
- Cut the sheets lengthwise into 3-inch-wide-strips.
- Spoon a few tbspns of spinach mixture at the end of one strip and fold over to form a triangle.
- Continue folding and buttering as you go until strip runs out.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Set the triangle pockets on a greased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 15 mins. Serve hot.