This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission.Jump down to Recipe
Here's what I made as an appetizer for the Super Bowl. The phyllo dough is pretty time consuming to work with, but the flakey goodness is worth it I think!
Spinach & Feta Pockets
Here’s what I made as an appetizer for the Super Bowl. The phyllo dough is pretty time consuming to work with, but the flakey goodness is worth it I think!Read Comments Print Pin Rate
Servings: 12 Servings
Yield: 12 pockets
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 shallots diced
- 20 oz frozen spinach
- 1 ½ cups Feta cheese
- ½ cups Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cups walnuts finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 1 package phyllo dough sheets
- 1 stick butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Saute shallots in oil until soft.
- Defrost and thoroughly drain spinach; add to shallots.
- Cook out excess moisture, about 5 mins.
- Transfer spinach mixture to bowl; stir in Feta & walnuts.
- Add nutmeg and season with salt & pepper.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough flat (cover rest with damp towel to prevent drying); brush with butter.
- Layer a second sheet on top of the first brush with butter.
- Cut the sheets lengthwise into 3-inch-wide-strips.
- Spoon a few tbspns of spinach mixture at the end of one strip and fold over to form a triangle.
- Continue folding and buttering as you go until strip runs out.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Set the triangle pockets on a greased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 15 mins. Serve hot.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 494mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5653IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 2mg
Follow Mighty Mrs. for more easy recipes!Find @MightyMrs on Pinterest
Leave a Reply