This zucchini alfredo quiche is perfect when summer is winding down and your counter is filling with zucchini from the garden.
Zucchini Alfredo Quiche! Just one delicious and easy recipe idea for using garden zucchini.
You know it’s almost the end of summer when the zucchinis start showing up.
This year the end of summer is hitting me especially hard because my oldest is going off to kindergarten in a week. I’m excited/nervous. I keep going back and forth. So rather than fret about it, I’ve just been making a bunch of stuff out of zucchinis to keep my mind off of things.
First pineapple zucchini bread, then went a little more indulgent and made chocolate zucchini bread which my kids and hubby loved of course (OK, I did too) and now this buttery little zucchini alfredo pie.
Savory Zucchini Recipe
This time around I went the savory route but stuck the zucchini in a pie crust really just to see if I could trick my kids into eating it.
It kinda worked. Our 7-year-old neighbor gobbled it up. My kids, not so much. I’m going to go with their tastes buds haven’t matured yet.
I personally found this zucchini alfredo quiche to be a perfect summer breakfast, lunch or dinner dish to eat out on the porch, savoring the last week before school starts…
I think I might need another zucchini.
Are you a fan of alfredo sauce?
Me too! I think you’ll love also my easy vegetable lasagna with alfredo sauce. Be sure to check it out and pin it for later.
Need a pie pan?
I love my glass pie pans for making quiche, desserts, and well, pie! Shop glass pie pans on Amazon.
Zucchini Alfredo Quiche
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 heaping tbsp minced garlic
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 pie crusts
- 16 oz Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 11 eggs
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Slice zucchini into thin, round semi-circles or shred the zucchini using a food processor. Place in heated pan with oil and butter. Add onions, carrots then garlic. Sauté over medium heat until zucchinis are slightly softened.
- In a bowl, beat 10 eggs (set 1 aside) together with basil, oregano, parsley flakes, salt, pepper and alfredo sauce.
- Spray two pie pans with butter and press a pie crust into each pan.
- Place half the carrot and zucchini mixture in each, spread out evenly. Layer on 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese then all of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour all of the egg mixture over top, dividing evenly between the two pie pans.
- Evenly add remaining zucchini and carrot mixture. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Separate the yolk from the remaining egg and brush the edges of the pie crusts with the yolk.
- Cover each with a sheet of foil coated in spray butter and bake at 375˚ for 30-35 minutes or until the center is just set.