You'll love the fresh yet rich Mediterranean flavors in this 7-layer Greek Hummus dip! Serve with toasted pita chips. No cooking required. Just chop, layer and serve. An easy party appetizer!
When you're looking for an easy appetizer to prep for a party, this layered Greek hummus dip is a great go-to. No cooking required! Packed with flavor and fresh veggies. This dip, served with toasted pita chips, is always a hit.
★ Why You’ll Love this Recipe ★
This recipe starts with your favorite flavor and brand of hummus or you can go all out and make your own hummus if you have time.
Then once you layer on some Mediterranean flavor, it's ready to serve!
This dip tastes great with pita chips. You can buy these ready to go, or you can slide up pieces of pita bread, coat with oil or butter, add a sprinkle of salt and toast your own. This recipe is as easy or as homemade as you want it to be!
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This 7-layer dip is made with just that. Seven ingredients! Plus pita chips for dipping.
Here's everything you need:
- Hummus. Go with store bought or make your own. Choose any flavor that sounds appealing to you or go with original hummus.
- Feta cheese. Crumbled or buy a block and crumble your own. I like to break up the super big pieces. For aesthetics, I prefer not to finish with the feta cheese layer because it tends to block all the pretty colors of this dish. So for the best looking appetizer, I recommend layering in the order the recipe is written. It won't affect the taste, just the look.
- Cucumbers. You can leave the peel on for extra color or take it off. Your choice.
- Red onion. I love the color this adds and the flavor is a bit more mild and sweet than white or yellow onions, however you can use another color onion if you're in a pinch.
- Roma tomatoes. I prefer these little tomatoes. The dice nicely without a lot of goopy seedy parts. However, if you want to use another type of tomato, you surely can. It's not a big deal, just a preference.
- Kalamata olives. You can go with slice or whole but I find the whole olives to be pretty strong. You can also substitute with black olives if you prefer a more mild, less briney flavor.
- Greek dressing. Any bottled Greek dressing works. Choose your favorite.
- Pita chips. I like the traditional sea salt flavor but choose any flavor you like best.
That's it! Pretty simple list of some basic ingredients that when combined, taste amazing!
Optional ingredient: If you love the taste of Greek tzatziki sauce, then you can add this on as an extra topping. I find that this dip is plenty flavorful enough without it. But if you're after that creamy yogurt taste, then you can certainly drizzle some on top!
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This recipe is really just a matter of chopping and assembling.
Here are the basic steps (full recipe below):
- Dice the veggies.
- Spread hummus onto a platter.
- Layer hummus with veggies, feta cheese, olives and Greek dressing.
- Serve with pita chips.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
This dip can be made ahead however it's best made fresh before serving.
If you want to make it the night before though, you can. You'll want to prepare the dish and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight and remove plastic wrap right before serving.
How long can you store leftover dip?
Usually there's not a lot leftover! It's that good. But if you do end up with leftovers, they can be store for up to 3 days in the fridge. Store by covering with plastic wrap, or transferring to a contain with a lid.
Can I add tzatziki sauce to this layered dip?
Yes! If you're a fan of the flavorful yogurt sauce that's classic to many Greek dishes, then you can absolutely add some to this dish. I would add it as the final layer.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Love easy appetizers?
Browse all my appetizer recipes and Pin your favorites for later.
Check out all my yummy dip recipes, perfect for any party or get-together with friends and family.
7-Layer Greek Hummus Dip
- 10 oz hummus choose your favorite flavor
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cucumber sliced and quartered
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ cup Greek salad dressing (more or less to taste)
- 9.5 oz box Sea Salt Pita chips
- On a medium-sized, flat serving tray, spread a layer of hummus using the full container.
- Top hummus with feta cheese, onion, olives, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with Greek salad dressing.
- Serve with pita chips.