It’s so easy to make hummus and ends up being about half the price you’d pay to buy it ready-made. You can freeze hummus so make a bunch and stow it away to use as a quick appetizer or a midnight snack. This recipe is a great base to which you can add whatever your heart desires. I actually just like it plain too.
- 2 cans chick peas, juice reserved 15.5 oz each
- ½ cup chick pea juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Add-in ideas: Roasted Red Peppers, Black Olives, Pine nuts, Red Peppers, Jalapeños, or Black Beans
- Drain chick peas, reserving 1/2 cup of juices.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Serve chilled with toasted pita slices, cucumbers, green peppers or use as a spread on sandwiches.