One of my favorite crockpot dips of all time, buffalo chicken dip. It's a classic and so easy to make. This recipe uses ranch dressing for extra flavor and has diced celery for extra crunch. A great appetizer for game days or holiday gatherings.
Here's one of my favorite crockpot dips of all time — buffalo chicken dip. It's a classic and so easy to make.
We've been making this for years now as a party appetizer. People always love this version with Ranch dressing added!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
This Buffalo chicken dip is different than the others.
This recipe for Buffalo chicken dip is creamy, chock full of chicken, and is bursting with flavor.
This dip has everything you know and love about Buffalo Chicken Dip. But it has a slight twist that separates if from the other recipes.
It's got Ranch dressing added in. Ranch is the perfect complement to Buffalo chicken because it adds tons of herbs and spice as well as creaminess.
Chopped celery adds a delicious and refreshing crunch! The celery is added right into the dip but you can also offer it along with chips to scoop the dip.
This dip is also a little meatier than most. I personally enjoy more chicken and less cream sauce but you can adjust the ratios according to your preference.
We're using moist, flavorful, rotisserie chicken to save time without sacrificing quality.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken dip recipe is super simple.
All you need is 7 ingredients:
- Cream cheese. Block or whipped cream cheese blends nicely.
- Ranch dressing. You can use classic Hidden Valley or any brand you prefer.
- Cheddar cheese. Shredded works great.
- Butter. Salted butter or you can use margarine.
- Franks hot sauce. Or substitute the butter + Franks for their ready-made wing sauce which already contains butter.
- Celery. This is great for dipping but we also chop some up and put it right in the dip for amazing flavor and extra crunch.
- Rotisserie chicken. Shredded or chopped. You can used canned chicken as well or any leftover cooked chicken works. Dark meat will add moisture and flavor but I prefer a mix of dark and light.
What to Use for Dipping
We serve this party appetizer with tortilla chips, celery, baby carrots and crusty bread slices. The variety makes a nice presentation and also give people options to go low carb using just veggies to dip.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This unique Buffalo-Ranch Chicken dip is easy to make.
You can combine everything in your crockpot and slow cook. Or combine the ingredients then bake in a casserole dish.
Choose whichever method works best for you. I like to make this in a slow cooker when I'm taking it somewhere so I can plug it in when I get there to keep it warm.
If I'm hosting however, I like to make this is a larger casserole dish and bake it so that it's easy for people dig into.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
Is this Buffalo Chicken Dip spicy?
Yes, it does have a kick! The buffalo sauce brings a spicy element, but the creaminess of the cheese and ranch dressing helps balance the heat.
Is there a mild version for those who don't like spice?
You can adjust the spice level by reducing the amount of Buffalo sauce.
You can add a little hot sauce at a time until you get to amount of spicy you like. You can also add a little more Ranch dressing which helps cool down the spice of this dish. Feel free to experiment until you find the perfect balance for your taste buds.
Can this Buffalo Chicken Dip be made ahead of time?
Yes! Prepare the dip ahead of time, cover, and refrigerate until you're ready to bake or slow cook. Add a few extra minutes to the cook time to allow dip to heat fully.
Can I freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
While it can be frozen, the texture may change slightly upon thawing. For the best results, I recommend enjoying it fresh or refrigerated within a few days of preparation.
Make this in a mini crockpot or bake it.
Either way you make this dip, it's super easy. I like to make it in my little crockpot because you can cook it and keep it warm all in one pot.
However, if you don't have a little dip crockpot, you can make this in a small oven-safe dish and just bake it right before you're ready to serve it.
Serve this Buffalo chicken dip with chips, bread, or celery sticks
You can serve this with tortilla chips or sometimes I get a crusty French baguette and eat it with slices of that.
It you want to go low-carb, try eating it with celery sticks! You can also finely chop celery and put it on top for a fun garnish.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Love all things Buffalo chicken?
Want more easy appetizer ideas?
Browse all my appetizer recipes and be sure to Pin your favorites for later!
Crockpot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup Franks Wing sauce*
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 ribs celery diced
- tortilla Chips
- baby carrots
- sliced French bread
- Pick and shred rotisserie chicken and place meat into a pre-heated crockpot set to high.
- Add Franks wing sauce, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese and cream cheese. To speed up cooking, it's best to use room temperature cream cheese, cubed.
- Heat on high for 30-45 minutes or until bubbling hot, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down to warm to serve.Serve with celery, baby carrots, tortilla chips and/or sliced crusty French bread.