Coconut oil gives your chocolate chip cookies a very different flavor and texture than butter and I must admit it's amazing.
Oh. my. goodness. Do you see all that deliciousness perfectly baked into a dark chocolate chip cookie complete with coconut oil locked up inside, crisping up each bite juuuust enough to add a little crunch to the chewy chocolately goodness? Yeah. Me too.
I actually almost ate my memory card after photographing these. No joke. Just looking at them made me want to gobble them all down milk or no milk. It may have had something to do with that fact that I hadn't eaten lunch yet but even still. These things will tempt even the fullest of bellies.
So guess who made these? Not me! Aaron did. Any man who can bake some mean cookies is a keeper in my book. I could get use to just being the official taste tester and photographer. A girl can dream. So, yeah. It's a pretty good Sunday here.
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut Oil
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- ¾ cup softened butter 1 & ½ sticks
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, coconut oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat in each egg.
- Slowly add in flour mixture then chocolate chips and nuts.
- Using an ice cream scooper, drop cookie dough onto baking sheets. Bake at 350˚ for 9 minutes.