This is a good one to make for guests who’ve spent the night or for yourself if you’re just tired of making and eating the same old french toast or pancakes for breakfast.
This dish is based on a recipe from a 1968 Betty Crocker cookbook published by Better Homes & Gardens. The first page starts out with "Dear Homemaker..." Gotta love it! I found the cookbook at a Salvation Army and it had some great recipes that were dying to come back in style. This is a good one to make for guests who've spent the night or for yourself if you're just tired of making and eating the same old french toast or pancakes for breakfast.
Hominy Breakfast Casserole
- 1 package sliced bacon
- 1 can hominy
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crispy; remove, crumble and set aside.
- Sauté onions and lightly brown hominy in bacon gristle.
- Beat eggs, salt & pepper; add to hominy.
- Stir frequently until eggs are just cooked.
- Fold in cheese until melted.
- Crumble bacon over top and serve hot