This recipe has been a family favorite for many years. The pineapple and zucchini contrast nicely.
This amazing pineapple zucchini bread recipe came to me from a lady named Helen Brookman who lovingly passed along her recipes, with the help of the Hospice of The Rapidan. My mom handed the recipe on to me with a few of her own touches.
The best zucchini bread you’ll ever try!
Everyone says this is the best zucchini bread they’ve ever had.
It’s become a family fav and I think what makes it is the pineapples! It’s very moist on the inside and the flavor is sweet with a hint of salty.
Try this zucchini bread for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
This loaf bread make a great brunch menu item for holidays like Easter or when zucchini season rolls around, I make this a lot for a healthy dessert and then again for breakfast the next day.
What size loaf pan works best?
You can bake this recipe as one big loaf in a regular sized bread pan or two mini-loaves, or as a bundt cake.
I personally like the mini loafs because you get more of the crunch top which is the best part in my opinion. Also, you get two so you can share with a friend.
Choose your pan type.
Check out these cute, oven-safe, disposable loaf pans to share with friends and neither of you have to worry about returning a pan.
Or if a bundt cake is more your style, here’s the bundt pan I use.
To make a full size loaf using a reusable loaf pan which is great if you like to bake fresh bread too.
Tips for success on the first try
Make sure you don’t overcook this bread or it will loose it’s wonderful moist quality.
You want to pull it from the oven as soon as the toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. A couple minutes before it’s ready you’ll start to see the middle of the loaf firm up and becomes less shiny.
I usually let mine cool in the microwave uncovered. If you cover it before it cools all the way, the top can get a little soggy and loose its deliciously crust top layer.
Once it’s completely cooled, I usually cover it with foil if I’m taking it somewhere, or just dig right in if we’re enjoying it at home.
Watch step by step how to make this pineapple zucchini bread:
Helpful Tools for Making This Recipe:
Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking power
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 8 oz. crushed pineapples
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Optional: subtitute 1 tbsp of lime juice for milk
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pecans.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, add sugar, oil and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in zucchini and pineapple, stir in dry ingredients until moistened.
- Grease loaf pans or 1 bundt pan using Baker's Joy. Bake at 325˚ for 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. If baking in a bundt pan, gently flip the cake over onto a dish or cake stand.
- Icing: Mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk (add lime juice if you want some tang). Pour or drizzle over top of loaf or bundt cake.