It’s a fiesta in your mouth! This cold Southwest Corn Dip is perfect for parties or as a snack while watching movies and games on tv. During the summer, this is a great snack to take to the beach or out on a boat.
This recipe is crowd favorite yet is such an easy dip to whip up. It’s made with southwest canned corn (which includes poblano and red peppers), taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, green onions and a blend of cream cheese, sour cream and a touch of mayo to thin it out.
It’s a chilled, cold dip so it travels well on ice, perfect for taking to parties, out on the boat or to enjoy outside by the pool, or on a picnic.
Ready to eat in 5 minutes!
Seriously. Chop the green onions then toss everything in a bowl and stir. Just add corn chips and you’re in business!
I serve this in a dip bowl topped with green onions as a garnish and then place that bowl on a large plate. It’s like an instant chips and dip plate without having to store a big platter thing.
Watch the video to see how to make this corn dip.
Storing and Transporting
Transporting – Now, this is a great little dip to take to a party. So if this becomes your go-to dish for bringing to parties—telling ya’ it’s so easy and everyone loves it! Then, if that’s the case, you may want to invest in a chips and dip serving tray with a lid to go.
Storing – This dip stores well in the fridge for several days. It’s best served within a few hours of making it, but if you want to make it ahead, just keep it cold in the fridge then give it a few stirs to freshen it up before serving.
Check out my other dip recipes while you’re here!
- 2 15.25oz cans southwest corn (including poblano and red peppers)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning more or less to taste
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4 green onions chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Drain excess liquid from southwest corn and add to large mixing bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, sour cream, mayo, cream cheese and chopped green onions (reserving a few for garnish). Toss until well mixed.
- Spoon dip into a serving bowl and place tortilla chips around the bowl, on a large plate or platter for dipping. Top dip with a sprinkle of chopped green onions for garnish. Enjoy!