Wait. Are we eating out? Or can we really make these spicy shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa at home?
To eat out or stay home?
Restaurants are glorious. The whole experience is a treat.
Firebirds is one place that really knows how to show a gal a good time. You can sprawl out in their oversized booths, complete with oversized throw pillows all while you warm your tootsies next to their cozy fireplace. Order your favorite cocktail from the bar, stunningly decorated with backlit liquor bottles and just breath a sigh of relief and enter into relaxation.
No dishes, no clean up and if you’re lucky, leftovers for the next day. A perfect way to spend an evening. And something I’d do daily if I were filthy rich.
However, like the 99% of you out there, I do not have unlimited restaurant funds. But whatever. The best part of the restaurant experience (um hello, the food!) can be afforded on a daily basis.
So let’s do this people! Let’s stay home and enjoy our own fireplaces if you’re lucky enough to have one, make your own cocktail, and get the kids to do the dishes! 😉
Yes, you can make these gourmet tacos at home! And no, it’s not hard.
Guys and gals, just pretend for a minute that I am on my death bed and my final request is that you trust me and make these shrimp tacos.
They are arguably the easiest, most delicious meal you can possibly make in less than 20 minutes. If you’re fast, 15 minutes. If you’re on your A-game, 10.
Watch how easy it is to make these delicious tacos.
Forgot to defrost? Not a problem.
These shrimp tacos will save the day every time. Shrimp is actually my favorite non-planned dinner item. You can defrost them in seconds and transform them into something so sophisticated and impressively gourmet in a matter of minutes.
I will confess that my freezer is stocked full of frozen, raw shrimp because I sort of had this revelation just recently and am now excited about all the possibilities of transforming these little sea creatures for our home dining pleasure.
Tacos. Also, ideal for non-planned, quick but yummy dinner. So shrimp + tacos is just like a little heavenly equation for a total last-minute, pulled this one out of the woodwork and BAM! dinner is done and is amazing and you are a hero and absolutely deserve a glass of wine. 🙂
Love the idea of a last minute shrimp dinner?
Then you’ll love my other shrimp recipes!
Are you a big fan of tacos?
Then you might just want to own some taco stands and really feel fancy.
Try pineapple salsa as a dip!
Get the recipe for pineapple salsa you can eat with chips as a dip. Makes a great appetizer!
This recipe for spicy shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa was featured on The Southern Bite!
Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 lb frozen raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 mini soft taco shells
- ½ cup chopped cabbage
- ½ red pepper
- ¼ cup diced pineapple
- ¼ red onion diced
- ½ jalapeño pepper diced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1 part Sriracha sauce
- 2 parts Sour Cream
- Prepare spicy sauce by shaking together sour cream and sriracha in a squeeze bottle. (Refrigerate leftovers)
- Place raw frozen shrimp in colander and rinse with room temperature water to remove frost. Pat dry with towel so that shrimps can get a nice crispy, golden brown sear and don't steam in the pan and become rubbery.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat in a skillet and add shrimp. Stir frequently and cook just until shrimps have all turns pink. Remove from heat and set aside, keeping warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter in skillet. Add pineapples and cook until edges are golden brown. Remove from skillet and let cool.
- Briefly place soft taco shells on skillet to soften and warm both sides. Arrange two of three shells on a plate. Fill with a layer of cabbage. Top with shrimp.
- Prepare salsa by tossing all ingredients together. Add salsa on top of shrimp then finally top with spicy sauce.